Chapter 21: Hide Imperfections

FRANZ

I hope pulling up an all-nighter is worth it.

I crumpled the reviewer I made and threw it in the trash at the hallway.

I'm Franz Richmond. I don't study. I'm just smart.

Well, that's what I want people to think.

Hmm... I still have 20 minutes. I rush towards the restroom.

I unzipped the front pocket of my leather backpack.

Where is it? Ah! Here. Crap! This feels so wrong.

I look at my reflection. These dark circles under my eyes would blow my effortlessly-smart-guy cover.

How do you use this thing?

MaxFactor Pan Stik.

Is this even actually a concealer?

I just sneaked in my Mom's room this morning and tried to find something that's not a mascara or a lip stick.

I tried to look for the word "concealer" on the label but could not find it. No directions on how to use either. It just said, "Rich, creamy foundation. Hides imperfections."

I guess that'll do. Hides imperfections.

I removed the cap and dabbed the cream from the stick onto my finger and applied it under my eye area.

Damn! This thing works! It's like magic!

I dabbed some more and gone are the panda eyes.

I quickly put the concealer inside my bag when I heard footsteps getting near. I hurriedly got out of the restroom as soon as a group of guys entered.

Shit.

This is so gay.

I feel like a fucking criminal for using that damned concealer.

It worked, though. No more eye bags.

Paulene, meet Franz, the smart without trying, good looking guy- the man of your dreams.

I ruffle my curly hair and walked to the lecture hall.

I kind of hope that she'll flunk the test so I can offer to tutor her. Or, I can purposely fail my own test and ask her to help me. Hmm.

But, this is college. I can't afford to fail. I guess, I'll just make it a contingency plan. I still have to know how well she'll fare in this class.

I walked inside the hall.

There she is.

And why is a dork sitting beside her?

"Hey, bro. That's my seat." I gave the dork my back-off-or-you'll-be-dead smirk.

He seemed to get the underlying message and left.

"Have you studied?" Paulene asked while busily skimming through her notes.

"Do we have a quiz?!" I asked, faking a shock.

"Oh my god- yes!" She exclaimed.

I just shrugged.

The professor now walked inside while carrying a bunch of papers.

"If I catch you cheating or talking to a classmate, I will just immediately get your paper and give you an F. Remember, I will only give 6 quizzes for the entire semester aside from the long exams. No special quizzes, no retakes, no removals. Now keep your books, notes, and reviewers so we can start."

ASHTON

I look at my phone.

Still no reply to the text I sent last night.

I typed a new message, "good morning, pau! good luck! :)"

Sent.

"Yo, Ash. Want to go to my house? Let's make some space cakes," James said as he gave me a wink.

"I'll pass," I answered.

"Dude? Is that you? Your next class is still at 3 in the afternoon."

"It's 2:30."

"Same thing. Right Eric?"

"When's the last time we had some nice doobage?" Eric asked.

"We smoked pot last week- just, last, week. At your house, by the way, Eric."

"Smoking is different from eating. Mhhhmm. Yummy spacey cakeys! You have yet to find out my baking skills, Ashton."

These guys really won't give up.

"Alright, alright. Let's go," I said while putting both my hands up.

--

This short chap is dedicated to Enchanted777! I hope to hear from you soon! ;)

Everyone, thanks for the reading! I really hope you're enjoying the story so far! Go on, read the next chapter now! ;)