Chapter 71: All Swimsuits Are Skimpy

PAULENE

"Boo!" 

I was startled when I saw Ashton grinning beside me.

Before I could say a word, he took me by the wrist and dragged me downstairs.

"I'm taking you somewhere, I got a surprise for you," He said with much excitement.

After a flight of stairs, 

"Tada!"

The swimming pool?

I turned to face him and asked, "What's the surprise?"

He dropped his backpack.

My eyes widened when he suddenly took off his shirt and then his jeans.

Damn, Ashton is hot.

I know this already. I've seen him topless before. That was my first night at Smashbin.

He was already wearing trunks. 

He then dived into the pool.

I had goosebumps when the water splashed and touched my bare skin.

"Wooooh! Come join me!" He invited.

I let out a laugh.

"Are you crazy?"

"Probably?" He answered as he splashed some water on me.

"Hey! You're gonna get my clothes wet!" I cried out.

"And I can't swim," I added.

"Open the backpack," He commanded me.

"Uhh. Okay." I obliged and unzipped it.

"See the paper bag in there?"

I nodded.

I took out the paper bag.

"Go ahead. Open it. Its for you."

I opened it and inside, I found a black swimsuit.

I took it out.

"Why? What's this for?" I asked, but, I think I already know the answer.

He rolled his eyes at me.

"Remember back at the cabin when I promised you that I will teach you how to swim?" He asked.

I can't help but smile. He remembered that? I forgot about it myself. He was serious and kept his word.

This is kind of sweet.

Hush it, Paulene.

Ashton is just a sweet friend.

Giving you a gift does not mean he likes you in a more special way.

"Thank you," I said to him as I felt the silky texture of the fabric of the swimwear in my hands.

"What are you waiting for? The water is nice and I need company," He said with a smile on his lips.

Should I go for a swim?

Or should I not?

"Shower's over there. I already asked Eric if we could have his pool all for ourselves tonight."

Why shouldn't I, anyway?

Feeling kind of excited, I walk towards the showers to change.

I looked at the swimsuit in my hands.

Isn't this, uhh--

A little too skimpy?

All swimsuits are skimpy.

--

Hi there, everyone! I just did a quick update because I have been really busy. I know this chapter should have been longer, but, I just updated the first part of the swimming pool scene so that I could give you something already. It's been so long! I will try to post what happens next as soon as possible. Oh darn it, I don't want to make promises anymore because I might break it. But, really, I'll try! 

I really hope you guys are still there and haven't given up on this story! Things will get more interesting and the next part of this swimming pool scene would be a shocker! That I promise!

Much love! <3 

This chapter is dedicated to unworthyofrelevance! Thanks for that lovely comment on the previous chapter! :')

Also, special mention to silent_rogue for dropping by my message board! Here's the update! Thanks a lot :)

xoxo