Chapter 47: Do You Mind?

FRANZ

"Thank you so much! I think I did well. All because of you," Paulene said before giving me a bear hug. 

I let out a chuckle.

"You'll feel like poo when I get a higher score." She then stuck her tongue out.

This girl is surely a dreamer.

I gave her my evil laugh.

She then punched my arm lightly and gave me a pout.

"Is acting like a kid your way of flirting?" I asked while still laughing.

She gasped exaggeratedly. 

"Don't be mad. I just want to let you know that it's working." I then ruffled her hair.

She rolled her eyes at me and fixed her hair using her fingers.

"Hey! Pau!" Ashton came running towards us.

And what the hell is he doing here?

He looked at me and gave me a smirk before turning to Paulene.

"Do you have a moment?" He asked her.

"How did you know I was here?" Paulene asked Ashton in a serious tone.

"I remember the subjects you're taking and I looked for them in the schedule posted on the bulletin board downstairs."

"Long time no see, Stalker," She said to him with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes. I'll explain." Ashton then grabbed her arm and dragged her to a corner.

I felt a crease forming on my forehead.

What are you planning this time, Ashton?

Whatever it is, I'm not going to let you win.

I took out my earphones, plugged it in my phone, and put the buds in my ear.

There's no music, though. 

I'm just pretending that I am listening to something.

I want to hear everything that they are talking about as much as I could even though it might seem impossible because they are quite at a distance.

I tried to look at them with my peripheral vision while seemingly looking down my iPhone.

PAULENE

"I'm sorry," Ashton said heavily.

"Don't misunderstand, though. I was on a hiatus because, you know, exams and the band." He let out a heavy sigh.

I knew that was the reason why he wasn't able to talk to me (among many other possible malicious reasons I thought of).

"It's okay! Don't be sorry. Really, you don't have to. I understand," I said quickly.

"Besides, you said you have to catch up, so, I thought it was wise to give you space. I mean, with my good looks, who won't get distracted?" He then grinned at me.

Does he know that I somehow have a crush on him?!

He let out a laugh, "Kidding. I hate being a distraction to a diligent girl like you even if it just means texting you. I want you to concentrate and dedicate every second of your time to more important things. I hope you did well on your exams."

Wow. Ashton is really considerate.

I feel so bad for thinking otherwise.

Why did him hating me even cross my mind?

It's not high school anymore, Paulene. People in college are cooler. They don't make a big deal out of things.

It's totally immature if Ashton got mad at me because I was not able to go to Smashbin last time.

What was I thinking?

"Anyway, since exams are over--for now... Can I take you somewhere?" He excitedly suggested.

I answered him with a question, "Where?"

"A secret. Just trust me. We will be having so much fun today!" He then grabbed my hand and dragged me.

It's the first time we actually held hands.

My heart is now beating many miles per hour, it then slowed down almost to a stop when I saw Franz looking at us. His lips were parted and his eyes were wide. His emerald eyes were clearly shocked. He then took out his ear phones.

I motioned Ashton to stop.

"Uhh.. Guys! What's up? Where are you going?" He said while jogging towards us.

"Let's take Franz with us," I suggested. 

I then realized that I'm still holding hands with Ashton. I quickly took my hand away.

Ashton heaved out a sigh.

"That would be a No, Paulene. I'm sorry Franz, but, Paulene and I are going on a date if you don't mind." Ashton then took my hand again and held it even tighter before dragging me downstairs.

A date?

I felt my face getting hotter than the coffee I had earlier.

A date? 

Just the two of us?

FRANZ

My breathing is now heavy and hard.

I look at Ashton dragging Paulene away.

Farther and farther away from me.

However, I wasn't able to do anything.

I just stood there, rooted on the spot.

I repeat what he said inside my head, 'Paulene and I are going on a date if you don't mind.'

Two words then escaped my mouth--

"I mind."

--

This chapter is dedicated to SailorMoon102! :D

To all my readers, 11,109 reads on my sixth week here on Wattpad! :D Thank you so much for the love and support you are giving this story! It is my drive to continue. :) Don't be a silent reader! I hope you drop a comment too! ;)

I hope you liked this chapter! :3

What's gonna happen next? :O