Chapter 6: Relieved

PAULENE

"You're kidding, right?" Ashton asked while smiling.

He gave Franz a fist bump. So, they know each other. I guess I should not be surprised. They attend the same school, they've probably been in Miami their entire lives, and hey, we're all here at Smashbin. A million dollar realization, Pau.

The other guys from the band also fist bumped Franz. They stood behind Ashton.

I look at Krista and I see her looking down. Oh no, this is so not Krista.

Is Krista seriously acting shy?

Ashton looked at the three of us and when he landed his gaze on me, he paused and scratched his head. 

"Uhh. Paulene!"

I felt my cheeks burning.

He remembers me. I mean, he's such a big shot, girls are literally all over him and I'm just a girl he bumped into in school.

Shut your thoughts, Pau! Think of Krista. 

"Yes and you're Ashton. Please tell me I got that right." I put on my most charming smile. 

Of course, you're sure of his name. Oh god, Pau. Stop being such a flirt. He is your sister's boyfriend. The point Krista brought me instead of her office mates was to not do this.

"Wow. You actually know each other. School?" Franz chimed in.

"Yes, buddy. Just like a cliche scene from those Rom-Com, we actually bumped into each other." Ashton let out a laugh.

"And hey! You must be Krista!" His smile is now wider. He is so cool even in meeting a chat mate for the first time.

I feel bad for Krista acting so embarrassed. 

"This is James, Eric, and..."  He pulled a blonde-haired guy by the arm. "By the way, he's not usually this shy."

Ashton stepped back. This blonde guy is now in front of us.

He's a good looking guy. I guess people don't notice because Ashton gets all the attention being the front man of the band. 

"Uh. I-I'm Horace. H-hello, Krista."

Krista's face was so red. It's so unlike her. "H-hi," She mumbled.

"Since we all know each other, why don't we transfer to a bigger and better spot? What do you say, Horace?" Ashton asked as he turned to Horace.

"S-sure," Horace answered. 

Why do I have a feeling that--

"Who's your chatmate?" I whispered to Krista.

"Horace!" She whispered back.

Not Ashton?

NOT ASHTON?!

Phew! Why am I even relieved? I mentally slap myself. 

"So, it's Horace, huh? He's cute," I told Krista.

Just not as cute as Ashton.

I suppress a giggle.

"Yes. But, damn it, Pau! I was acting like a total shit back there," She said in a low voice.

Suddenly, I had a change of mood.

 --

This is dedicated to BTRfanforever! Thank you for always being the first to read and vote for the chapters of this story. :') I hope you enjoyed this short chapter! ;)