Chapter 33: Heineken VS Budweiser

PAULENE

"And the sixth, is when you admit that you may have messed up a little. ♪"

"No, no, there ain't no help, it's every man for himself. ♪ ♫ "

"You're going through six degrees of separation. ♪ "

"No, no, there ain't no help, it's every man for himself. ♫ "

"Woah, oh.  ♪"

"Horace should sing more lines than just 'No, no, there ain't no help, it's every man for himself," Krista commented before clapping her hands as the band's music fades in the background.

"Horace can start his own band and be the lead vocals if he wishes. But, I must say that his voice and Ashton's blend very well," Franz added.

"I'm just glad that the song's over." I heaved out a sigh and drank the last of my fruit punch.

It annoys me how the song makes me think of Josh. The lyrics kind of hit hard.

But, did I really mess up a little? 

Maybe not just a little.

But, I tried my best.

And then I left. 

Josh may be right.

We would probably still be together if I didn't leave.

Maybe Josh didn't really have a choice but to get over me. Long distance relationships are bound to fail.

I was the reason why it didn't work out.

"Want beer?" Franz asked, holding out two beers in each of his hand. He motioned me to pick one, a Heineken on his left and a Budweiser on the other.

"You already know that I don't drink beer." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yuck. Heineken sucks," Krista said to Franz while making a sour face. "Try the Budweiser, Pau. It's smoother, sweeter, and doesn't have that smell Heineken has."

"Haven't tasted beer like ever?!" Franz asked me with a bewildered expression on his face, ignoring Krista.

I just nodded.

He turned the unopened bottle of Budweiser upside down with the bottle cap facing the table. He expertly used the cap of the Budweiser to open the bottle of Heineken. He then put down the bottle of Budweiser on the table and in front of Krista as he handed me the Heineken.

"Heineken has a fuller mouth-feel. It is thicker and creamier. This should be your first beer." He winked.

I took the beer from Franz.

Krista let out a sigh.

She used the already removed cap of Heineken to open the bottle of Budweiser.

Seriously. Where did they learn these tricks?

I look at my sister as she chugs the beer. I can't help but be amazed at how random she could get and how bipolar she could be.

She's really nice and she drinks beer.

She is against pre-marital sex but does not mind courting temptation by making out with Horace.

Is she telling the truth when she told me that she's still a virgin? 

I scoff at the thought.

I closed my eyes as I held the bottle's mouth closer to my lips.

"Don't smell it!" Krista shrieked. 

Too late, Krista. I take in the pungent aroma.

I closed my eyes. I feel my body warming up. It's bitter. Realizing how bitter it is, I started choking and coughing. 

I heard claps. I opened my eyes. They're all watery now, but, I can still see Ashton and his band already here, cheering along with Krista and Franz. 

I put down the bottle. I can't believe I emptied almost half of it. 

I've only tried wine and the ladies' drink Ashton made me drink last time. Beer is the worst I've tasted so far.

"Who drinks this thing?!" I cried out.

FRANZ

We all burst out laughing at what Paulene just said.

I feel so triumphant! 

I was able to convince her to drink beer. Now she will remember me everytime she recalls her first time drinking beer.

Somehow, she's like a kid. 

I really hope this kid does not turn down my invitation tonight.

I slipped a hand inside my back pocket, trying to check if the tickets are still there. 

--

Thanks to everyone who greeted me on my birthday! :') Wattpad is a really nice place.

I hope you liked Ferb! <3

After two days of hiatus, I'm back with a new chapter!  Enjoy this one! :D

This chapter is dedicated to l1ve_l0ve_laugh, author of Bad Boys Can't be Tamed, who made GTBIL a really cute, witty banner found at the Multimedia section! Haha! Who is this question mark guy? Franz? Ashton? I know you'd hate me for even including this, but could it be Josh? :P 

Next chapter coming up! ;) 

PS. Song at Multimedia too! But, you heard this song already in Chapter 29! :D Don't jump read so you can enjoy the book! ;)