Chapter 12: Sunday School

PAULENE

Just on time, 10 minutes before 8. I entered the lecture hall for my Sociology class.

When I was about to go to my seat, I saw Franz sitting beside my seat already.

Franz. My heart is beating so fast. He looks so hot, as always. I then remembered how good he smelled last night when we were playing beer pong.

I hope we could've stayed at Smashbin longer.

If only Josh didn't happen. If only I didn't answer that stupid call. I slapped my own forehead at the thought. Ow!

I just hope Horace kept his word not to tell anyone about what he witnessed.

I sat beside Franz.

"Hey there! You left without a goodbye!" He then gave me a pout.

Shit. So cute.

Stop it, Franz. You make me want to nibble your lower lip.

"Uhm. Sorry about that."

"How is Krista feeling?" He asked. His face looked concerned.

Phew. Horace kept his word. I love the guy now.

"Sh-she's fine." I'm feeling a bit guilty about all of this. Just a little bit, though.

Nothing wrong with lying sometimes, right?

Besides, this is a white lie!

What the heck are white lies? White lies are just poor excuses for lying. A lie is a lie. End of story. Luckily, I don't have to worry so much because I'm not exactly the most ethical person out there.

Worrying and over thinking are different.

I'm just... Whatever.

"Are you spacing out?"

Was Franz staring at me? Gosh, this is bad. Maybe he likes me! By the way, being assuming is one of my best traits, second to talking to myself.

"Am I not allowed to daydream anymore?"

"Tell me about the daydream!" He said and then laughed a little bit too loud that the people in front had to turn their heads to us.

"Shut up," I snapped at him.

"Come on. Is it about a guy?" He grinned.

"Are you, by any chance, gay? I could use a G.B.F."

The smile on his face was gone now. He stared at me in disbelief. "G.B.F.?"

"Gay best friend. Look, I don't discriminate. I actually have a lot of friends back in Canada who are gay and they-"

"Oh. So you're Canadian. You can't be from Miami and be that pale," He cut me off.

I rolled my eyes at him before saying, "Look, Canada is a big country. In Greater Toronto Area alone, there's already a very diverse population. There are Americans, Europeans, Middle Easterners, Asians- name it."

"Well, here in Miami we also have a very diverse population. We have the Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians-"

"I'm aware of that. So, I can be from Miami and be this white. I can be from Canada and be this white. You can go to Canada and be that tan," I cut him off.

"Right," He said.

After a few moments, he then leaned in closer to me. Our faces are so close now that we could almost kiss. His hot breath on my face.

"And... No... I'm... Not... Gay."

He then pulled away and smirked at me.

My heart is palpitating madly.

No, no, no. This is bad. Really bad. I need to get away from this guy. Remember what you told yourself, Pau.

I know I'm just probably assuming that Franz likes me that way, but there's still a chance.

Assuming at it's best. I should do a curtsy now.

No, Paulene. You slut.

I must stay away from this guy considering all possibilities.

As the creepy line I learned from Sunday school said, "If your eye causes you to sin, it is better to take out your eyes than let your whole body sin. If your arm causes you to sin, it is better you cut off that arm than let your whole body sin."

Something like that. I'm not so sure. I wasn't exactly happy with Sunday school then, unlike, Krista. She's the holy daughter. Mom wants us to be devout Christians. Dad doesn't really care. I am on Dad's side! And sometimes my Mom's?

I should just probably take out my eyes then so I won't see his soft curls, his handsome face, his jawline, his chest, his shoulders. Aaaaaaahhhhh....

I should also probably scrape off my nose because damn this nose, it lets me smell his musky scent.

Point is, this guy right beside me is causing me to have lustful thoughts. Lust is evil, Christian or not. Lust is human nature, it is inevitable- Fact.

This is really emergency.

The professor is not yet here. I roamed my eyes around to find a vacant seat. I don't care if it's not that favorable. I must get away from this incubus.

There!

I saw a seat at the front row.

Should I do it?

Remember Sunday school, Pau. Remember Josh.

And most of all, realize that Franz is an incubus. A demon in the form of a really hot guy. Am I having goosebumps?

I held my shoulder bag close and rose.

"Where are you going, Canada?" The incubus spoke.

"Uh.. I.. I have to transfer seats. I am near sighted. I can't see from here." I lied.

FRANZ

Did she just lie to me?

She could just probably use her glasses and see from here? Does she even have glasses? And didn't she take down some notes yesterday? I'm pretty sure she copied the topics to be discussed displayed on the board by a projector. It takes some good eyesight to see that. Maybe the professor read out what was written and she was just listening? I wasn't really paying attention.

I have to do something, though. I can't let this happen.

I have to win the bet.

--

I was smiling when I was writing this. The incubus part was because I was listening to the band Incubus' song, Drive, while writing this. This chapter is therefore dedicated to Incubus! :D

And to CactusHeart_07, of course! Thank you so much for showing so much love-- for the comments, votes, and for adding this story to your reading list!

To everyone who is reading up to this point, much love! :') I hope you enjoy it!