Chapter 80: Inspiration

PAULENE

"Hales, Tiffany?" Professor Stacy Crawford called out.

She went on to ask, "Is anyone here a friend of Miss Hales? She already missed four straight meetings, and, that's not good."

Continuing, she said, "Remember, Fall Semester is nearing it's end. Soon, it's November, and then December comes. Just a little more, guys. A little more. If you use up your absences now-- three months put to waste? And besides, this university does not accept overstaying students. There are a number of students here in my list who have only a few absences left. You know who you are. And I am warning you, people-- attend class for your own good."

With that, she picked up where she left from our discussion.

Yeah, I wonder where has Tiffany been?

Why isn't she attending classes recently?

ASHTON

I take a deep breath and laid my fingers on the keys as I try to play the melody that's been inside my head for days now.

(A/N: Play the video embedded on the side and stop at 0:19)

"How about putting some words to that?" I was startled and looked behind me.

"Dad? Uhh. Was it that awful? How'd you know I--"

"That you just made that up? I don't know. Just guessed. It does seem unrefined, though. But if you try to put your heart in it, I'm sure you'll make it into something great."

I smiled.

"You think so? It was just a melody that's been playing inside my head." 

Dad opened the door wider and let himself inside my room.

"Let me hear it again," He urged as he sat on the edge of my bed.

I started playing the keyboard once more.

(A/N: Repeat video, play again from the top until 0:19)

"You have any lyrics to that?" He asked.

"No, I uhh. I'm not really the lyricist kind, Dad. It's Eric who usually puts the words every time we make a song. He's good at that," I answered.

"Why don't you try making your own song? Your own melody and the words that would go with it?"

I laugh a little.

"No Dad. I.. I can't."

"Don't you have any inspiration?"

The first thing that came to my mind is Paulene's face.

And our kiss.

Our timeless kiss.

I then heard Dad laugh.

"Alright son, just checking on you. Anyway, what do you want for dinner?" 

That kiss felt different.

It felt--

"Son?"

"Oh. Uhh... Just order some Chinese," I replied.

"Classic."

I gave my Dad a smile.

He then rose from my bed and left my room.

Hmm.

A song.

My own melody and words.

"Not that bad an idea, eh?"

I put my hands on my keyboard again.

(A/N: Play the entire music video embedded on the side)

--

Quite a short chapter because I want you to listen to the music video embedded at the Multimedia Section of this chapter. :) It is Eugene Goh's beautiful piano cover of the song "Be Your Everything" by Boys Like Girls! Hope you follow the author's note right there, and you know, imagine that it's Ashton playing the keyboards! Teeheehee! :') 

Have fun! <3

Oh, and yeah, as you might've guessed, eventually, Ashton will make that tune into a song he will soon sing to Paulene. You watch for it, guys! ;) Oooh! Ashton's fans are happyyyyy! :D

For Franz fans, doncha worry. Franz-Pau chapter coming right up! ;)

Oh and btw, if you have problems playing the video at the side, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwAoIZjHg6U

The video title is: Boys Like Girls Be Your Everything Piano Cover + Piano score

Uploaded by: Eugene Goh

This chapter is dedicated to vvmello because she loves music and this story! ;)