Chapter 84: Carrie, Roll the Dice

PAULENE

"Wow, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I should ask you the same question."

I let out a laugh.

What a pleasant surprise.

And he looks pretty casual. Lazy kind of casual with his curly brown hair, plain black v-neck shirt he looks so hot in, brown long shorts, and flip flops.

"I got bored at home and thought I could just watch this movie alone," He said while pointing at the poster of Carrie.

What perfect coincidence!

"Me too! I was planning to watch Carrie."

"Are you alone?" He asked.

"Well, I am now," I answered.

I don't really want to share how Ashton ditched me. 

"Want to watch it together?" He asked.

"That would be perfect!" I answered.

But, suddenly, I remembered that he isn't a fan of horror movies.

"Wait, I thought you don't like horror movies? Last time, I asked you to watch World War Z--"

"Oh, that! Uhh. Did I say I don't like horror?" He cut me off.

"Yeah? I guess?"

"No! I did not say that! If I did,  then I must be kidding. I love horror. Are you serious? And this. This is.. uhh.. Stephen King's novel. This movie is a remake. It's classic. It has to be really good," He said.

I raised an eyebrow. Oh, yeah, I just teased him of being afraid of zombies.

"Oh yeah, you just don't like zombies!"

"Yeah, I hate zombies. Zombie apocalypse is just stupid and idiotic to me. I dig supernatural like Carrie," He said with a laugh.

He went on, "So, uhh, should we watch it together? I mean, uhh, you're here, I'm here, same movie."

"I'd love company, to be honest," I answered.

I feel happy to run into Franz.

We approached the line to the teller to buy our tickets.

"Shit!" Franz exclaimed.

"Any problem?" I asked as I watch him fumble through the pockets of his long shorts.

"Damn it!"

People were starting to look at our direction.

"What is it?" I whispered to him.

"I freaking forgot my fucking wallet," He whispered back.

"It's okay, I got it," I whispered back.

"No! No! I should treat you, not the other way around!" He said.

"Calm down, you treated me many times already, remember? Besides, I have yet to pay you for all the tutoring and help. A movie pass is no big deal, seriously. I have money on me."

Dad gave me my monthly shopping allowance last night, and luckily, I have everything in my wallet right now.

"No! This is not fucking happening."

"Calm down, okay? I'll pay for the passes now, you just pay me back next time. How's that?" I suggested.

10 dollars is nothing compared to everything Franz spent on me and all his help. I will never get guys making a big deal out of this kind of situation.