Chapter 20: Be My It Girl

To fully enjoy this chapter, it's a MUST that you watch the video found at the Multimedia section. Try timing and syncing it! It's an acoustic version of Jason Derulo's It Girl by Christian Joseph. Just imagine that it's Logan Lerman singing.  I really took my time to find and choose a cover of the song that I would use. :>

--

PAULENE

Ashton and I have been video calling for over an hour now. He's a really funny guy, not to mention, really nice. He told me tips on how to survive the university, background on some professors, and other helpful stuff.

Oh! That reminds me. I have a quiz for Sociology tomorrow. Darn it. How could I forget?

"Hey, Pau! Want me to sing a song for you? Please?"

My heart skipped a beat. He wants to sing for me? He looked like he was begging for me to listen when I should be the one doing that. I guess I can hear just one song before studying. I could use some inspiration.

"Yes! I'd love that," I said while giving him a smile.

He rose from his bed and took the acoustic guitar that was hanging on his wall.

I can't help but feel so excited. He'll sing to me. I bet girls would be dying to have this opportunity. I wonder what song will he play.

He's back in front of the web cam.

"Ready?" He asked.

"I should be the one asking that, Mr. Rockstar," I said to him while giving him one big grin.

He put a capo on the third fret of the guitar. I may not be a musician, but, I know a little bit about guitars. My classmates in high school used to jam on breaks.

He tapped his guitar three times before strumming, plucking, and tapping.

"You know this song?" He asked while still playing the guitar.

I shake my head, "Nuh-uh.."

He smiled and started singing.

"I've been looking under rocks and breaking locks, ♫ "

"Just trying to find you... ♪♫ "

"I've been like a maniac, insomniac, 5 steps behind ya.. ♪♪ "

"Tell them other girls, they can hit the exit, check please.. ♫"

" 'Cause I finally found the girl of my dreams.. ♪♫"

"Much more than a Grammy Award, that's how much you mean to me..♫"

Oh my god. Kill me now. What song is this? It's so beautiful. I'm hanging on to every word of the song that he soulfully sings.

"You could be my It girl, baby you're the ish girl, loving you could be a crime, ♪"

"Crazy how we fit, girl. This is it girl, give me 25 to life. ♪♫"

"I just wanna rock all night long and put you in the middle of my spot light, ♫"

"You could be my it girl, you're my biggest hit, girl. Let me play it loud, let me play it loud like.. ♪♪"

"Woah, oh, oh, oh... ♪♫ "

He did one last strum and laid his guitar beside him.

He was grinning for a while.

I suddenly came to the realization that he was already done singing.

I blushed. I probably looked like a star-strucked fan girl with her eyes wide and her mouth hung open. I'm just glad I didn't actually drool. I bit my lower lip. I closed my eyes and prayed for a rewind.

"Was it bad?" He asked.

"Are you crazy?! It was so good!" I exclaimed and then clapped my hands.

He laughed at this gesture.

"What's the song?"

"Jason Derulo's It Girl."

"Isn't he a RnB guy?"

"Well, yeah. Was my version so bad?"

"No. I-I actually.. l-liked it," I said as I felt my cheeks burn again. I looked away from the camera.

He was really good. I may have not heard the original version yet, but, I think I would still love Ashton's version more. It was so, soulful.

Damn it, Pau. Get your shit together.

"Uhm.. Ash, I think I'll have to say bye bye already. I almost forgot that I still have a quiz tomorrow. I still have to study."

"Shit! Sorry! I took up so much of your time." His forefead formed a crease.

"No. It isn't your fault. I just remembered too," I said while giving him my sweetest smile.

"Bye then. Thanks for the time, Pau. Good luck with studying."

"Thanks," I said as I clicked End Call.

Ashton is typing...

"hey pau do you mind if i ask for ur number?"

Paulene, you just got out of a relationship. You promised yourself that you'd focus on your studies. No boys.

But, he was just being friendly. I want us to be friends. Asking someone's number doesn't automatically translate to asking someone out.

I then typed my number.

Just friends, Pau. Just friends.

ASHTON

Yes! I got her number. I got her fucking number.

I quickly saved it in my Contacts.

I hung my guitar back to the wall.

Why am I feeling all weird? Do I like her?

Paulene's not bad at all. It's actually easy to fall for her. But wait, I'm not here to fall for her. It should be the other way around. She should fall for me.

If I fall for her- like, actually fall for her, things would just get complicated.

Franz, 500 USD, Tiffany, my fans, and my pride.

She might not fall for me, too. In fact, she would hate me once she finds out the truth. Falling for her is pointless. Pointless and dangerous.

I laid on my bed and shut my eyes, trying to force myself to sleep.

I could not.

I could not stop thinking about Paulene.

I reached for my phone on my bedside table.

"dont overwork urself just for a quiz. ull do fine. sleep early. nyt! ;) "

I sent the SMS.

Shit. Why did I send the fucking SMS? Ugh.

--

Thanks for reading! Show some love and support! Niichan0 gets a second dedication for spamming this chapter's comment box! Haha! Much loooooove >:)<

To my silent readers, why not join the conversation? :D