Chapter 38: Getting Intimate

PAULENE

The movie, "Ted" is now on play. 

I am now sitting on the carpeted floor beside Franz.

The Universal logo completes itself before zooming in to the globe.

The camera glides down through the atmosphere, through the clouds, closer and closer until there are large patches of snow covering the upper coastline of what seemed to be America. 

And then there was a voice over, "It has been said that magic vanished from our world a long time ago. And that humanity can no longer fulfill its desires through the power of wishes."

Dianne comes into the view carrying three bags of Cheetos. 

"Hey, the three of you! Stop playing cards already. We're gonna watch a movie. I'm gonna turn off the lights." 

The guys groaned at what Dianne just said.

"Oh my! Cheetos!" James exclaimed as he sprang up from the carpeted floor.

"Nuh-uh. No watching of movie. No Cheetos." 

"I'll watch then," James said as he grabbed the bag of Cheetos Jalapeno.

Eww. Jalapeno.

Ashton then passed in front of me, blocking my view for a while. He was then standing in front of Franz 

"Hi buddy."

"Ashton, you're blocking my view," Franz said dryly.

"Can you move a bit to the right? I wanna sit beside Paulene," Ashton requested.

What did he say?

"Wha--? Just sit at her left then," Franz answered, clearly annoyed.

Ashton did not hear any of it. He squeezed himself in between me and Franz.

Franz was resisting, but, I just moved a bit to the left to make space for him.

Damn these guys, so childish. I am actually in the mood for the movie.

"You. Are. Un. Believable, Ashton," Franz said before letting out a sigh. 

I tried to ignore them. I tried to concentrate on the movie.

Awe. Poor John Bennett. The kid does not have any friends.

"Yeah, Bennett! Get outta here!" I could only hear the child actor's voice because Franz blocked my view for a moment. 

He was now sitting at my left.

I am now in between Franz and Ashton.

What the hell is wrong with these two?!

I'm getting pissed already.

I look at my right and shot Ashton a glare as he was looking at me with a smile.

Okay, Ashton, I don't care how cute and handsome you are or how beautiful your eyes are right now. Nothing gets me more annoyed than distracting me in watching a movie. 

I then turn to my left and looked at Franz who seemed to be concentrating on the movie. I shifted my gaze from his tall nose, his lovely red lips--

And then someone turns off the lights.

Great. Thanks for the wake up call, Dianne.

I can only see his silhouette now but I can still make out his handsome features.

I turned to face the 50" television again.

A shadow then walked towards us.

It's Dianne.