Chapter 95: Merry Christmas!

PAULENE

"To be honest, I don't know if them leaving for LA makes me happy or not," Krista said as she was placing lights around Martin's huge Christmas tree. 

"Can you hand me that angel?"

I took the angel figurine in a box full of decors and handed it to Krista.

"There! Prettier than with that star a while ago, right?" Krista clapped her hands at her own Christmas Tree Make Over.

"Baby!" Krista quickly got down the ladder and ran towards Horace, throwing herself to him.

Martin opened Smashbin exclusively for Roll the Dice and their friends. We all contributed to make this Christmas party happen. Roll the Dice is leaving for LA this January. I guess, I'm happy for them. Their dreams are now so close to realization. They deserve it.

And I still haven't talked to Ashton.

Just in time when I caught his eye, he gave me a small smile. I smiled back.

He was walking towards me.

I guess it's time.

"Hey, long time no talk," Ashton greeted.

"Yeah. And I heard about you guys going to LA. Congratulations! And Merry Christmas!" I opened my arms to him for a hug. He accepted the offer.

It was a good feeling.

It made me happy.

"Oh, uhm, here, take this," Ashton said as he handed me a CD he took out from the brown paper bag he was carrying.

My heart leapt as I took the CD from him. I guess it's a demo. 

"Ash, thank you so much. Really. Oh and uhh-- wait here," I told him.

I then quickly ran towards the table at the corner where I placed my knapsack. 

I unzipped my bag and inserted the CD before taking out my gift-wrapped present for Ashton. It's a personalized guitar strap. I hope he likes it.

I can't help but smile at how this night might end well for us.

I almost jumped when he suddenly appeared behind me.

"Oh wow, you got me something?!" He excitedly asked.

I handed him the present, "Of course. Here. I hope you like it."

"Anything from you," He said as he pinched my right cheek lightly.

"I'm sorry, Pau," He added.

There was a short awkward moment of silence between us.

I cleared my throat and said, "It's okay. It's all in the past. If not for that bet, I wouldn't be friends with Roll the Dice's lead singer, right?"

He let out a laugh.

I never thought it would be that easy to let it all go. I feel so relieved. 

The spirit of Christmas.

"Alright, everyone. The turkey is ready!" Martin announced.

"Is it Thanksgiving? I thought--" Eric asked.

ASHTON

James elbowed me.

"What the fuck?!" The turkey meat on my fork fell back to the plate.

"Tiffany's here," He whispered to me.

I put down the fork and turned my head around.

I heave out a sigh.

Thank God she came.

I rose from my seat and ran towards her to greet her, "Hey."

"Hey," She answered rather calmly.

"Thanks."

"No problem. Merry Christmas and congratulations!" She handed me a small box.

"I... I uhhh.. You really didn't have to--"

"I'm your number one fan, remember?" She smiled.

Tiffany, I've wronged you. You've been nothing but good to me.

"I'm sorry for everything."

"Party pooper," She answered before letting out a laugh.

Somehow, her being like this makes me feel even more guilty about everything i did to her.

PAULENE

Roll the Dice is now playing a rock version of Feliz Navidad.

I wonder if Franz will ever come.

I went to the restroom.

I place my hand inside my bag and reached for the gift box I've been meaning to give to Franz. I took it out and stared at the greeting card attached that had the words, "Merry Christmas, Franz!"

I guess I should just pull it off and give this gift I made for Franz to someone else instead. 

I pulled out the card and crumpled it before throwing it to the trash.

When I got out of the restroom--

"Franz?!"

--

I edited this chapter. It's longer and it has more details in it. I will post the epilogue in a few. :) Don't want to keep you guys hanging! Again, sorry for the delay. I got sick. I tried to rush the story so I can join the Wattys. Now the finalists' list is up and this story was unfortunately not included in the Most Popular Top 5 and On the Rise Top 5. I just thought I could already remove the Watty Awards tags for this story so I can now edit and update! xx