Chapter 92: Bound to Happen

ASHTON

(A/N: Watch video on the side for the performance of Roll the Dice)

"Ashton."

It's quite surprising to see Franz on a Wednesday night gig.

I then remember how he confessed to Paulene.

The flashback caused a sting in my chest.

"Yo, what's up?"

"Can we talk? Just the two of us?" He asked.

"Sure, let's head to the bar then."

"No. How about we go outside? It's too loud here," He suggested.

I have a bad feeling about this.

I shrugged and said, "Alright."

Just when we got outside--

"Ow!"

Did he just fucking punch my face?

I leaped towards him to hit him back.

I hit his chin and he punched my ear. I push him back with all the strength I could muster. He fell to the ground. 

"Oh my God! Oh my God!" I heard someone cry out.

My breathing is fast.

You motherfucker!

I knelt on top of him, tackling him. I punched his face a number of times, he's starting to bleed but we didn't stop from trading punches. I can already taste my own blood in my mouth.

I then felt someone lift me from Franz.

"Calm down, Ashton. Calm down," A voice said. I can't seem to see anyone else other than that motherfucking asshole.

"Please, don't call the police. No. It's okay, I know them. It's just a small disagreement. This will be handled. Please calm down, everyone."

Was that Martin?

Shit.

"That asshole hit me first!" I screamed out.

"Ashton, it's James, bro. Calm down."

I then see Eric lifting Franz.

"Why the fuck are you helping him?! He hit me first!" 

"Ashton, Ashton, look at me," Martin said, his face so close to me.

"You want to keep having gigs at my place, right? So get your shit together and calm down!"

I then see Franz dashing towards me before someone pulled him away.

"None of you wants me to call the police right now!" Martin shouted at him.

FRANZ

"Son, why? This is so not like you. You've never been involved in brawling. Never... until a while ago," Mom said while a nurse cleaned my wounds.

"You got me so worried," She added.

"Don't tell Dad," I said, it came out more like a hoarse whisper, my own voice betraying me.

"I want to sue that Ashton."

"Mom, no. I hit him first. It's my fault."

She heaved out a sigh before asking, "What happened, baby?"

I hit Ashton, I don't regret hurting him for telling Paulene about the bet.

She wasn't supposed to know.

Not now that I'm so in love with her.

We already called the bet off. 

He was a traitor.

He deserved it.

And I deserved what I got as well.

I started this bet.

"I probably got so mad at myself I took it out on him," I answered Mom.

PAULENE

"Ashton and Franz got into a fist fight earlier. It was so crazy. I got so nervous too! It's like they were gonna kill each other if no one stopped them!" Krista said through the phone.

My heart sank at the news I just heard.

"How are they? I mean, were they hurt so badly?"

"Franz's face was a bloody mess. Ashton was hurt too. Just not as bad as Franz. But I heard it was Franz who hit Ashton first. I wonder what they fought about."

This was probably because Franz found out I already knew about the bet. He must have thought it was Ashton. Or--

I close my eyes and pray they won't pin it on James.

James was just worried about me.

I owe James for telling me the truth. I just hope he won't get in trouble.

"I'll have to hang up, Krista. Bye! Good night!"

"Already? Okay, good night!"

I then looked for James' number in my Contacts.

After a few rings, "James?"

"Pau?"

"I heard about Franz and Ashton."

"Yeah. We were all pretty stressed out. We got Ashton home safely already. Franz is also at his home now. I guess it's all okay-- for now. We don't know exactly why they--"

"I already told Franz I knew about the bet," I cut him off.

I gripped my phone tighter.

James was silent on the other line.

"Hey, James. I'm so sorry. I'll talk to them."

"It's okay. This was bound to happen. I chose to tell you. You had to know. I did the right thing and I'm ready for anything now," He answered.

I bit my lip.

I knew I shouldn't have said anything to Franz.

I should have just distanced myself silently.

That was the plan, but, Franz--

He...

I must hate him.

Why am I all worried about him?

And Ashton...

I hope he's alright.

"Pau? Don't worry about it. I'll talk to Ashton first thing in the morning, okay?"

"But--"

"And he won't be able to hurt me. He's injured and I'm much bigger than him." James chuckled.

"I'm so sorry James," I said.

"I told you. This was bound to happen."

--

Phew! That was bound to happen. :(

Check out the Multimedia for the song Ashton's band performed in Smashbin before all the fighting. >.<

Things will be better in the next chapter, well, let's all hope so! :) 

Multiple updates. Might also finish the entire book tonight. We'll see. :D

Oh, and again, I love that video I embedded! You won't regret listening to it! It's an awesome ROCK cover of Ed Sheeran's Lego House by Silence The City! Stop imagining how it'll sound like and click on play. \m/