Chapter 76: Pray

ASHTON

I don't know if I have too much in my mind or nothing at all. 

"Drive faster," I demanded.

"Paulene is already at the hospital. We would go there as fast and as safely as we could," James, who insisted to drive, answered.

Darn it.

"Just drive the fuck faster!" I shouted.

"Calm down, man. She's gonna be fine. We're getting there," Eric said as he reached for my shoulders.

I tried to close my eyes and lean my head at the passenger's seat.

I clenched my fist. Wanting to punch something.

Why does she have to be in an accident? What kind of accident? Was it really an accident?

Did someone cause it?

If there's anyone--

I swear I'm gonna beat the shit out of that motherfucker.

After what seemed like years on the road, we reached the hospital. 

I quickly got out of the car and went inside the hospital building, not minding everyone else.

Suddenly, I realized that the hospital is a big place with so many people in it. 

I then grabbed a woman by the arm.

She had a shocked look on her face. Realizing what I did, I let her go.

"Excuse me, where's the Emergency Room?"

"Uhh. Emergency Department entrance is located at the south side of the hospital. Just go that way, and ask the security," She replied.

"Thank you," I still managed to say as I ran to the direction she pointed at.

 "Sir, where's the Emergency Room?" I asked the security.

"That building across is where the Emergency Department is, Sir," He answered.

I immediately went to the building across.

We should have parked near this building. I feel quite annoyed at the time wasted.

And where the hell are they?

"Sir, I am the ER Greeter. Do you have any identification card? I will have to ask you to leave it in exchange for this visitor's pass," A lady nurse said as she showed me the pass.

I am starting to get really annoyed.

I tried to reach for my pocket, trying to find my wallet.

Where the hell is it?!

Damn it, I left it?

I close my eyes and take a deep breath as I tried to calm myself down.

"I left my wallet, but, I really have to--"

"Sorry, Sir. Protocols are protocols. I can't let you inside without a visitor's pass," She said.

"Fuck your protocols, I'm going in!"

And before I could take a step, someone grabbed my arm.

"Let the fuck go!" I growled.

"I'm sorry, Sir. You can't go in without a visitor's pass," A deep, male voice said.

After dragging me a few meters away from the Emergency Department, he let me go.

"What the fuck?!" I spat on his face.