Chapter 44: Jumping Into Conclusions

ASHTON

"It's awesome that you guys are still pursuing Music," Tyson Ritter, front man of The All American Rejects, said.

"And college," Nick Wheeler added.

"I thought we will never get this far in Music. Back then, I had enough money in my bank to go to college. I started planning for jobs-- I was there. But, in despair and stress, I write. You just have that purge of inspiration-- and that's pretty much what we always banked on," Tyson said while sitting comfortably on the navy blue sofa of Smashbin's VIP room. 

"What did you guys spend on after getting that first big check?" Eric enthusiastically asked.

"Beds," Nick replied quickly.

Beds? Seriously? 

As if hearing my thoughts, "That's right. Beds. We bought like these big, beautiful plush beds," Tyson said while stretching out his arms.  

He continued, "Contrary to what you may have been thinking, the tour bus was not that glamorous. What? 12? 14 people in stacks? You can barely sleep."

The rest of them chuckled as they reminisce old times, back when they weren't as big as they are now.

I wonder if it's gonna be like that for Roll the Dice as well.

"Just beds? Nothing else?" Horace asked.

"Beds and scooters. We're really Oklahoman. We're pretty frugal," Tyson answered.

Everyone laughed at this.

Mike and Chris just joined Tyson and Nick in 2002. I guess, that's pretty much why they were not talking much.

Wow. Just imagine. They have been making music for 14 years now, and they'll probably still be in the industry until they are in their late forties. 

"It's great that Roll the Dice has a wide spectrum. You just played The Used, The Script, and Savage Garden songs back there. That's random, man. That's good. We have a wide spectrum as well. I think we are the most confused rock band out there," Tyson said with a chuckle.

I have to agree with him on this one. They can play a wide range and I love them for that. My favorite is their first album. Hats off, they were playing songs in that album in Major key, but, the lyrics were sentimental, if not, sad.

Their most recent album, Kids in the Street, is quite different from their previous albums. It's more upbeat, more pop. They actually sang KITS' Beekeeper's Daughter a while ago. Awesome song.

"Let's take a picture! Is it alright?" Tiffany suggested.

"Sure, Tiff. Why don't you take a picture of us first?" James snickered. 

I had to laugh at this. Tyson even cracked up. 

Perfect. I remember I promised Paulene a picture. 

I wish she was here too. 

"Okay, one, two, three!"

I was almost blinded by the flash of Tiffany's Nikon SLR camera. 

Martin entered the room to join the fun.

Gotta love the old man's poses. 

Tiffany was ecstatic when one of the guards of The All American Rejects volunteered to take the pictures. 

After a few more shots, I approached the guy and asked him if he could take photos of me and the band using my iPhone. 

After taking 4 photos, I thanked the big guy.

"I'm posting this for Paulene," I told Krista as I showed her a wacky photo of me and Tyson.

She let out a laugh.

I opened the Facebook app. I then uploaded the Instagram'd photo of me and Tyson and tagged Paulene Josiah. 

I typed in a caption, "Birds of a feather flock together ;)"

I chuckled to myself. 

There. Posted.

I closed Facebook and opened Twitter to upload the other photos. 

My heart then stopped for a moment before beating faster than a drum roll. 

@FranZe90skid: Pig in my room #911

I froze and just stood there, staring at the photo attached.

She said she can't go tonight because she had so much to read.

"There's just so much to read," Her voice resounding in my head.

So much to read, huh?

I closed the app and slipped my phone inside my pocket.

I tried to calm myself down by opening a bottle of beer and chugging its contents.

Why'd you have to lie, Paulene?

You could just say that you can't go because you have an appointment with Franz.

Ha! Appointment? I laugh to myself.

Franz is sure quick.

That sly bastard.

Isn't even a month yet and he's already bedding her?

I underestimated the turd.

And I never knew Paulene would be that easy.

She looked so hungry while stuffing that cupcake in her mouth.

I wonder what else will she stuff in that hungry mouth of hers tonight.

"Hey, man. You alright?" Horace asked.

"Yeah. I am."

"Hey, Tiffany! Come sit here beside me," I called out to Tiffany who was busy with her camera.

She then sat beside me. 

I quickly took her face and kissed her full on the lips.

Everyone around us was howling and whistling. I could even hear claps.

That's right. 

What is it to me if you and Franz are together in his bedroom?

It's just a bet, anyway.

So what if Franz wins? It's as if Tiffany would go away and come running to him. 

Tiffany will never go away.

Tiffany will never be his.

500 dollars? 

I'll find a way to give him that amount and slap it to his face.

And Paulene?

Why do I even care?

--

Thanks for reading! I know, I know. This chapter is kinda "dramatic". I just had to do it! :( 

>.<

This chapter is dedicated to Love2Read16, author of Shh... It's Just Me, for that beautiful banner she made for this story! Check it out at the side! ;)

Video of Beekeeper's Daughter by The All American Rejects at the side! Haha! The video is super fun! Unlike this chapter! Haha! Love Tyson. Wait, did I just make a fan fic? Haha!

Hope you are excited what happens next! ;)

I wonder whose fingers will intertwine... :D