Chapter 34: Let's Go Campfire

PAULENE

"You should finish your beer, Pau," Ashton snickered.

I gave Ashton the middle finger.

"With pleasure," He said and burst out what seemed to be the suppressed laughter he's been holding.

"Everyone seems to be having fun over here," Tiffany said as she came into the scene. She squeezed herself in between James and Ashton. She then took Ashton's arm and clung to it.

The way she wrapped herself around Ashton reminds me of Ursula, the Octopus lady in Little Mermaid. She doesn't look a tiny bit like that sea monster, though. In fact, she looks like Rapunzel from Tangled. The beautiful princess with long, golden hair.

I wonder which Disney Princess am I. 

I could be Snow White. But, I don't like short hair.

Why am I even thinking of Disney right now when I am surrounded with college students planning to get wasted on a Saturday night?

I grabbed my beer bottle and decided to, little by little, drink it. 

Damn it. This is really odd-tasting. Why do they like this so much?

"You should get a beer mug. Don't be influenced by these guys here. Drinking straight from the bottle is very un-ladylike," Tiffany said coolly.

I felt uneasy. My hands were shaking on its own as I put the beer bottle down the table.

I'm embarrassed.

Maybe something more than that. I do not know. It was just an advice, an unsolicited suggestion. It's supposed to be harmless. 

I look at Krista for some backing up. She's been a drinker for the longest time and she drinks straight from the bottle. She was being tickled by Horace. She was too busy giggling.

"It's cooler that way. It's hard core. I dig chicks who drink their beer straight from the bottle," Ashton said as he looked straight at me. His lips were unmoving but his eyes seemed like they're smiling at me. 

I looked at Tiffany for a reaction. I did not like what I saw.

Here I am, over thinking again.

"I want to do something different tonight. I'm getting bored," Eric blurted out.

He continued, "I have an idea. Let's go Campfire! We have a cabin at the Mary Woods. That's just like a few minutes drive from here!" Eric seemed so excited at his own idea.

I have to admit, his idea is way better than just staying here at Smashbin and get wasted. If we play beer pong again, it will just get old. 

"Will we sleep at your cabin?" Franz asked. Hallelujah! I heard his voice again. He's been silent for quite a while.

Franz can be really weird. He's friendly and cheerful, then at a snap of a finger, he's all quiet and mysterious.

"Yes. We can sleep there tonight. We don't have to go home and get stuff. I have lots of extra clothes there. Mine and Dad's. Hmm. I hope my sister left some of her clothes there too. She's plus size, though. Better loose than tight. What do you say, girls?" Eric said with a big grin on his face.

"Ask the guys first," I said to Eric.

"They'll come. I don't need to ask them." He let out a laugh.

"I'll go wherever Ashton is," Tiffany announced.

Is Tiffany Ashton's girlfriend?

What exactly is going on between them?