CBY AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT: profundity

CBY Author Spotlight Interview, June 12, 2013

1. Please tell the readers a bit about yourself.

Hello everyone! I write under a pen name, Melody Sundrive. My Wattpad username is @profundity.

I decided to write anonymously because I want to see if people would actually like what I write. I know my friends, once they find out that I am writing on here, they will support me all the way no matter how horrible my work is! Only one person knows I write on Wattpad and that's my cousin.

I found Wattpad because of her. She had been a silent reader since November 2012. Some time April of 2013, I got bored and so I decided to check what this Wattpad is and find out why she is so addicted to it.

I downloaded the app and I really enjoyed the cliche stories. I can't get enough of them! I even imagine the stories come to life. I am in my twenties and I am quite ashamed to admit this. It's a guilty pleasure. What you will find in my actual bookshelf are novels by Paulo Coelho, Dean Koontz, Sidney Sheldon, Pittacus Lore, Adelin Yen Mah, Nicholas Sparks, Arthur Golden, Thomas Harris- you get the idea.

Wattpad suddenly brought back my stashed teenage feelings, making me giggle and feel mushy. In fact, I just visited the book store a while ago and I was eyeing that John Green novel. Maybe it's high time I add those kind of books in my collection!

2. What types of books do you write?

I currently write Romance/Humor. It could be read by teens and non-teens alike. My second book is Historical Fiction which is kind of on hold at the moment.

3. How many books have you written?

At the moment, only two: (1) Got to Believe in Love, and (2) Beyond Promise.

4. What movie and/or book are you looking forward to this year?

I will definitely watch Man of Steel!

5. What type of books do you enjoy reading?

You could throw me anything and I would read it! The first novel I enjoyed was J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter. That was when I was 9 or 10 years old. So, you may take a wild guess how old I am. My most loved books, though, are love stories with a tinge of spirituality and reality. I like themes that talk about real-life issues and truths about humanity. I have copies of all of Paulo Coelho's books in my shelf. Nicholas Sparks is also an amazing writer. I like stories that would make me cry. I prefer tragic endings. BEWARE GTBIL FANS! Kidding, I will make sure you'll get that happy ending-- or not? (insert evil laugh here).

6. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you?

1. Swiss Knife
2. Rope
3. Lighter with flashlight

7. Are you considering a sequel?

No, unless I'll be writing Adventure. I don't know. It depends.

8. What inspired you to become a writer?

I've been a writer for as long as I could remember. Back in school, I did quite well. I was part of the school paper. I also entered essay and poetry writing contests and received awards for it. When I graduated, I had that medal and certificate for the Best in Journalism award. I started working as a paid article writer when I was in 2nd year college taking up my first course. I still have the job now.

Writing articles and essays are very different from writing stories, though. In terms of structure, it is different. I have tense issues in my novels because it was rather easy to maintain the tenses in articles and essays compared to novels. I asked my professor about it a few days ago on chat. He said it's permissible to change tenses within the chapter, you just have to do it abruptly. I don't know. I'm not really confident in that area of my writing, but, I hope I get better at it.

I am very used in writing Non-Fiction, may it be about mundane things, philosophical thoughts, or socio-political issues. Few years ago, I even published an experimental thesis on straw mushrooms and became a participant in Intel's Research Competition. I also received awards for Poetry writing. I was also invited a few months ago to judge a Poetry Writing Contest in a university. Writing novels is new to me-- especially Romance. Maybe that's why writing on Wattpad excites me so much! It challenges me.

What inspired me to become a writer? I don't know. I just ended up writing a lot and enjoying it!    

--

Thank you so much for the love and support you've given me so far! I am not even 2 months old yet, but, you already gave me a total of 1,391 votes, and this story alone has over 14,000 reads. That is already a big deal to me and until now, I am overwhelmed. Thank you! I promise you better chapters and better stories! I hope you will keep on showing your love and support :)  

Again, thank you Alecia_Stone for this opportunity. Thank you for those who nominated me and gave me reviews!   

Join us at CBY! Visit the website (http://cbybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/) to read other featured stories by talented authors and share your story for a chance to get featured yourself.