Chapter 26: Not in the Mood

FRANZ

I need to clear my head.

I'm not really in the mood for school today. 

"Hello, Tessa," I say to the bob-haired brunette receptionist of the FL Golf & Country Club.

"Mr. Richmond. We did not expect you. Alone?" She says in a professional yet friendly tone.

"Yes. Was my father here earlier?"

"He was. This morning, at, uhh, let me check..." Tessa then turned to the computer and clicked on the mouse a few times. 

She continued, "9:10 AM. He was with his friends from the company."

"I see. Well then, I'll be golfing alone. Can I use the 18-holes?" I asked her.

"Give me a second-- Yes, Mr. Richmond. It's available. Should I get you a caddy?"

"Yes please. Thank you, Tessa."

PAULENE

A well-dressed, tall and well-built tanned man with neatly brushed-up hair stood in front. He is, without a doubt, our professor. 

"I am David McCullough, your professor. I will pass around a seat plan. Please choose now where you want to be seated. It will be where you shall sit the entire semester. I'm not good with names. I'll need it if I want to call on to you. Again, this is Ancient and Medieval Political Theories class. We will start formal discussion today because we have a lot to learn in this course and there's so little time."

A girl sat at my left.

"Uhm. Hey, I'm so sorry, but, this seat is kind of reserved. I'm so sorry," I whispered to her.

"Oh! No. No. It's alright. I'll just sit over there then," She whispered back and gave me a smile before leaving. 

Damn it, Franz. You said yesterday that you'll see me in this class today. Where are you?

The olive-skinned girl at my right passed me a sheet of paper that should be our seat plan. 

I wrote my name and hesitantly wrote Franz's name next to it.

Is it Richmond? I remember seeing him write "Richmond" as his last name in our Sociology class."

I just hope that it's right.

I then passed the paper to the next person.

"Okay, class. So, there's almost 30 of you here. Good. Hmm.." The professor paused.

He continued, "Franz Richmond? Where's Franz Richmond? Why is there a name here? I don't see anyone sitting there between uhh.. Mr. Denver Lee and Ms. Paulene Josiah? Did he just step outside or is he a ghost?

Everyone was now staring at our direction.

"I.. Uhh.. Sir, I'm Franz Richmond's friend. He told me that he has something important to attend to today, so, he asked me if I could reserve him a seat in class."

I cannot tell by the professor's facial expressions whether he is mad or what. I have a feeling that he isn't too happy, though.

"By friend, you mean-- girlfriend?" Professor McCullough asked maliciously.

Everyone burst out laughing.

"No. I am not!" I almost yelled.

What the hell is so funny?!

"Since he asked you to do that, does it mean that he will just be late? Let me check the official student list of this class." He then took a piece of paper laying on his table and looked at it for a while.

He then put the piece of paper down and said, "Yes. He is enrolled. And I believe that we are not running out of chairs here? No need to fuss about it."

He let out a laugh and the rest of the class laughed along.

He continued, "Tell me, does he really need to sit beside you?"

Why is this David McCullough so nosy?! It's getting on my nerves.

"You over there, at the back, Mr. Malcolm Stevens, correct?"

"Yes, sir," The said Malcolm Stevens answered.

"Since I don't think Mr. Richmond will attend class today and I certainly won't let anyone enter my class after 10 minutes of grace period-- Mr. Stevens, occupy the empty seat between Mr. Lee and Ms. Josiah."

He then turned to face me, "Tell your friend, Ms. Josiah, that he only has 6 allowable cuts left for the entire semester. Again, if you're late for more than 10 minutes, don't bother anymore. After today's discussion, I will give a short quiz. I will give quizzes every after discussion. Which means, every meeting is quiz day. May I remind all of you that this is a major subject."

Damn it.

I wonder what happened to Franz.

I hope he's fine.

ASHTON

"Are you planning to join a club or organization this year?" Tiffany asked.

"Well, no. I've never tried those. I think I never will. I already have the band."

"I have the dance crew, but, I still want to try joining another. Most freshmen join orgs."

"And then they become inactive after a semester," I say to her.

Tiffany then moved to sit beside me and whispered, "And I've become inactive recently." 

She then giggled.

I know too well what she meant by that.

It's just that these days, I don't feel like having sex.

"I'm not in the mood."

"That's so weird, Ashton. For how long will you be not in the mood?" She asked as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

I slowly take her arms off of me.

"I don't know. You can get in bed with someone else, you know? I don't really mind or care," I say without looking at her.

Suddenly, I felt a hand slap my right cheek.

Fuck, that hurt.

Bitch.

I massaged my cheek as I watch her leave the music room.

--

Sorry! It took 3 days for me to update. Been really busy with work and other stuff! :( I hope you like this chapter, though! Feel free to read the previous chapters again! ;) I really hope that you are enjoying this story so far. So many things are yet to happen! :D I'm just excited. 

Hope that you keep showing love and support! xx 

This chappy is dedicated to my silent reader-- mymonochromelove! This story had been on her reading list for the longest time! Thanks! :) xx