Chapter 19: Chat Me Up

PAULENE

"Paulene! I wasn't saying that. I'm just reminding! Reminding you to take your pre-law course seriously. I want to see only the highest grades at the end of the semester, okay?"

"Okay Mom. I get it," I said as I closed the door of my room.

Damn it.

Two days of school and she already suspects me of slacking off? How unreasonable is that? She really won't give me a chance, eh?

I head to the shower.

I closed my eyes as I felt the water kiss my bare skin. The cold water rejuvenates me. Funny how I used to get the same effect with hot water back when I was still in Canada.

I pumped body wash from the bottle onto my palm and lathered it all over my body. The smell of tangerine makes my senses come alive. I washed my hair with shampoo before putting some conditioner by running my hands through the wet strands. Finally, I rinsed it off.

I stepped out of the shower and put a towel around my body. I feel fresh and alive. My mother can be really stressful to deal with, but- stress no more!

I flipped my Mac open. I logged in to Facebook to check my Notifications. Hmm. A Friend Request.

From Ashton?! Ashton Harding?

I opened his profile and confirmed that it's really him.

It's really him!

Wow. His blue eyes are so beautiful in this photo. It's almost hypnotic.

I sprang up from my bed and quickly put on something to wear. I then jumped back and excitedly pressed "Confirm".

Relationship Status? Single? What about Blondie Hottie?

I checked his Profile Pictures. No pics with Blondie.

I could look at his pictures all night. It's not a sin to save just one, right?

My stalking was interrupted when I saw a chat pop up... from Ashton.

"hey thnx! :D" He said.

Oh my god. What am I supposed to reply?

Calm down, Pau. Calm yo' titties down.

"np! ty for the request! how did u find me?"

"horace. i asked for krista's last name. krista didn't accept my request yet. huhuhu. :( "

Oh, I see. So much for feeling special, huh? Seems like he just added me just because we were together last night.

"ill tell her later. ;) " I typed.

"so whats up?"

Oh my god. He wants a conversation. I sat up and typed,

"nothing much. u?"

Ashton is typing...

Why am I so excited about all of this? I can't stop myself from smiling like an idiot.