Chapter 77: At AE106

FRANZ

"I wonder where Ashton is, he's not picking up," James said.

"You sure he hasn't been here, Franz?" Eric asked.

"Positive. I've been here since Paulene was admitted. Never left," I answered.

"That's the guy," I said.

"Hmm? What guy?" Eric asked.

"The guy who probably found Paulene first and brought her here. Must be her org mate."

"Josh?!" Krista rose.

"Krista..." The guy said.

They know each other, what are the odds.

"What are you doing here?! Why are you here?!" Krista's voice was full of anger.

"Krista, sorry I--"

"You did it to her, didn't you?" Krista's mom held her back as she tried to leap at Josh.

"Calm down, honey," She said to Krista.

"No, Mom! He did this to Paulene! He did this! What did you do to my sister?!" Krista cried.

"Get him out of my sight, Ronald," Mrs. Josiah said to her husband.

"Just leave, Josh. And thank you for at least bringing my daughter here. I wanna know the entire story, but, for now, it's best for you to leave," Mr. Josiah said to this guy named Josh.

"He did this to Paulene. He hurt her, Dad!" 

"Krista, calm down!" Mr. Josiah growled.

Josh then walked away.

What the hell happened?

Why was Krista so fast in accusing this Josh?

Why is there so much hatred?

Who exactly is this Josh?

"Kids, thank you so much for being here for Paulene, but, it's getting late. Your parents must be worried already," Mrs. Josiah told us.

"It's okay, Mrs. Josiah. We want to stay," James replied.

"I already called Mom. She knows Paulene, she urges me to stay longer as I wish," I said.

"Yeah, Krista also needs us here," Horace said.

"Thanks so much, guys. But really, you can go ahead. We're fine. I'll keep all of you updated," Krista said.

"I think I'll just be going back tomorrow. I already need to head home. If there's anything you guys need here, just send me a text," Eric said.

"It's okay, Eric."

"Thanks, Krista. I'll be back. And uhm, Ashton just texted me. He was not allowed to get in here because he has no ID. He left his wallet in the car."

"Wait. Here," James said as he handed Eric the keys.

"Thanks. I'll just give this to him then I'll take a cab home," Eric said.

"Take care, son," Mr. Josiah said.

"Thank you, Mr. Josiah. Be strong." Eric said as he turned to leave.

ASHTON

"Thank God it's here!" I exclaimed.

"Where were you the entire time?" Eric asked.

"Don't ask. And can you lend me 50?"

"You're fucking serious?" He asked in disbelief.