Episode 67

Joe held Kaia's hand Demi holding Cai's as the four of them made it into the house. It would be strange for a couple of visits knowing they both now saw Denise and Paul as their parents and would be the same when they went to visit Dianna in the home. But they could only see their families getting closer. They made their way into the living room where they saw everyone watching TV, as if they were waiting for their arrival. Denise lifted Kaia up onto her knee when she let go of Joe's hand running over. They made room for Demi who was now sat next to Paul Joe sat on the arm of the couch holding onto Demi's hand.

"I still can't believe Demi isn't our sister." Nick mumbled.

"I am though Nick, just not biologically," Demi answered. "We still grew up together, you still broke my phone three years ago and your still the most annoying brother." Everyone laughed as Nick glared at his older sister.

"How do you think I feel now? I don't biologically have a little girl." Denise joked.

"Well sorry for not being born a girl." Joe answered everyone laughing again. That's all they could do in the situation. They had thought about suing the hospital but that would change anything other than gaining more money, they wouldn't be able to go back in time and raise the child they were suppose to do, they wouldn't gain the memories. They already had memories of raising a child they saw as their own and still do see as their own.

"How does a hospital get something like that wrong though? They are different genders too!" Kevin exclaims. It was hard to understand for everyone.

"We don't know what happens behind the scenes but everything was hectic when they were born, I know personally mine was as the way Denise has described hers it was the same." Dianna explained.

"Either way you gained a brother today so be nice to him." Paul lectured knowing that when Joe was living with them the brothers teased him a little bit.

"Says you! You're the one who pushed him up against the wall and threatened him!" Nick exclaims sinking lower in his seat when his father gave him a look.

It was soon suggested that Joe and Paul should spend some time together, get to know each other a little better. Paul liked Joe a little bit more now, not just because he learnt that he was his son but the way he had dealt with the whole situation of being accused of domestic abuse, he could see a huge change in him since he was a teenager. He was becoming a responsible adult.

"I'm really sorry for everything I have put you through, I know I never really supported you and I had no reason. You're a great guy." Paul spoke as they wondered the streets, it had just finished raining so Paul suggested they go for a walk.

"It's okay, I know I'd be the same with Kaia. Father's are like it," Joe shrugged his shoulders. It was weird to think that he had a father now. He could barely walk or talk when Patrick ran out on him and his mother so he never really knew what it was like. He only had one memory of his father and that was when he was trying to teach him how to catch when he was two but even then he was a little too small to do anything. "It will take a while to get used to having a father."

"I bet it will, my father was never really around either," Paul stated. "But if you ever need any advice on anything I'll be here and I'm sure your brothers will too. I know you have your own place now and children to look after but just in case.

"Thanks." Joe smiled.

"Anyway what sports teams do you like?" Paul questioned.

"I don't really like sports that much." Joe confessed.

"Well then me and you one day are going to go to a football game, I'll teach you about it then if you decide you still don't like it that's fine. We could take Cai to his first game too." Paul suggested.

"Yeah that sounds like fun." Joe smiled as he continued to walk with his father.

------------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!