Episode 11

Denise set a mug down in front of Dianna as soon as she figured out where everything was to make a hot drink for the two of them. Joe and Dianna had brought the essentials from the insurance money but there were some items which wouldn't be replaced. She also set a plate down with a brownie on so the two of them could get to know each other a little better.

"Is Joe okay?" Dianna inquired.

"I sent him to bed, he said he thinks he's coming down with something so I sent Demi upstairs to keep him company." Denise reassured smiling at her, she could see how much she cared for her son and not just because he did a lot for her just to live as normal of a day as she can. She loved her son because of how pleasant he was but that was all down to how he was raised.

"I hope it's nothing serious." Dianna admitted.

"I'm sure he's just a little worn out, he does a lot for you doesn't he?" Dianna nodded her head in agreement, she found it hard to trust people now but there was something different about Denise. She just seemed the type where you could talk to her for hours even if you are trying hard to not trust people again.

"Yes he does, I've been through with this with a lot of people but he's a good boy. My boy." Dianna bursts with pride.

"Do you mind me asking why are you not able to be independent?" Denise inquired shaking her head gently taking a sip of her coffee before beginning to explain the story why she has been bound to not much movement for five years now.

"I was in a car accident when Joe was about eleven, thankfully he wasn't in the car but I broke my back and I haven't been the same since. I know it could have been a lot worse so I'm thankful that I'm here now." Dianna explained.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that, it must have been horrible."

"It was but I feel bad for Joe, he was there for me the whole time staying in a care home until I was fit to come home. I felt like just giving him up at that point knowing that he would be better off in a care home where he would be cared for but I can't give him up and I don't think he would ever forgive me if I tried to." Dianna let a tear slip from her eye Denise soon wrapped her arm around her comforting her as she begun to sob. Denise knew their situation was bad if Dianna actually thought about giving Joe up.

Denise made her way up the stairs peering into a couple of rooms until she saw Demi sat on the edge of the bed next to Joe as they were talking. She couldn't help but smile as she saw them laughing at something but she knocked on the door seeing their attention to come to the door as she entered a little more closing the door behind her.

"Hi mom." Demi greeted, Denise gave them both a warm smile.

"Joe I think we need to talk." Denise stated.

"About what?" Joe inquired.

"Your mom isn't very well is she?" Joe sighed shaking his head gently. "There are places which will help her out which will give you chance to be the teenager that you deserve to be..." Joe interrupted her quickly knowing where she was going.

"No I can't let her go."

"Joe maybe it is for the better." Demi tried to convince but Joe wasn't having any of it.

"I won't have anyone if mom goes." Joe feared turning away from them. Denise just sighed holding her hand out for Demi.

"Come on Demi, leave him to think for a while." Joe heard the two of them leave the door closing behind them as he let a tear roll down his cheek. He already lost his father at the age of two and he didn't want to lose his mother at aged sixteen.

------------------------------------------------

Comments please!