Episode 14

Joe woke up Saturday feeling a pounding in his head, he knew he went to the party last night but couldn't remember anything which he knew meant he probably drunk too much. He groaned holding his head as he opened his eyes releasing he was in his own room yet he can't remember how he had gotten home that night. He then noticed that he was actually laid down on the floor a pillow under his head and a blanket covering his body, he sat up noticing Demi laid on his bed under her covers. He then knew that their parents knew what had happened the night before even if Demi did come off the same as he did. He got up taking a quick shower before heading downstairs knowing he would have to confront his mother at some point. He made his way into the living room seeing Denise and Dianna watching the news looking up at him as he stood in the doorway.

"Mom are you mad at me?" Joe mumbled looking down at the floor.

"Aw sweetie come here," Dianna patted the spot next to her Joe sighing trudging over taking a seat next to her allowing her to wrap her arm around his middle. "I'm not angry at you, it's something that everybody goes through at some point."

"I-I just thought you'd be disappointed in me, you said the other day that you thought you had raised me better than to let myself get into that kind of position." Joe stated.

"You're always over thinking things Joe, your home safe and so is Demi so that's all that matters." Dianna kissed his cheek gently leaving a smile on Joe's cheek.

"Demi has never come home from a party like this Joe, I think you're a bad influence on her." Denise joked Joe laughing slightly.

"She said she didn't even drink much." Joe replied.

"I think it's different when your around other people and in the atmosphere that you were in. Don't worry about it Joe, we're all fine with it." Denise assured him.

"Just try not to do it again." Dianna added Joe nodding his gently.

"I'm gonna go get some breakfast." Joe got up making his way into the kitchen still feeling the pain in his head, he took some pain relief before pouring some cereal for himself.

"Hurts doesn't it," Joe stated as he entered his bedroom again a glass of water in his hand and a packet of tablets for Demi to take, she just groaned at him making him laugh. "Here take these it will take the edge of a little bit." Joe wondered over as she sat up allowing her to take the glass from her hands popping two tablet out.

"Thanks," She mumbled putting the tablets in her mouth swallowing them down with a sip of water. Joe sat on the edge of the bed once she was done. "Can you actually remember anything that happened last night?"

"Not a single thing, I remember going to the party but I can't remember what happened even before we drunk so much." Joe explained.

"Are our mom's downstairs? Are they angry?" Demi questioned.

"Yes they are and no they're not, I thought they would be too but they're not apparently it's something everyone goes through at some point," Joe shrugged his shoulders gently Demi slightly sighing of relief which he couldn't help but laugh at. They were both aware at the fact they nearly kissed but they haven't talked about it to anyone or anything, they were both in denial of their feelings. Joe knew he didn't really have time for a relationship and Demi wanted to focus on her education wanting to do well at the end of next school year. They had become better friends over the last couple of days since they first met though which they were happy about. Demi was Joe's first real friend since the age of twelve. Dianna felt better now knowing that Joe was happier himself and even doing a little better at school. "You want some breakfast?"

"No not really, I think I just want to go to sleep." Demi grumbled making Joe laugh.

"Come on." Joe demanded standing up trying to drag her out of bed.

----------------------------------------

Comments please!