Episode 60

It had been a couple of days since the scan and Joe and Demi were slowly getting used to the fact that they were going to be parents again. They would have to get a nursery together just after they finished painting the twin's room. They have decided but not certain yet that Demi will move out of her house and into her own place having the baby there with her most times, they didn't really feel they were ready to move in together but Joe would go over as much as he could with the twins wanting to be there for his girlfriend and son or daughter. Today was the day they were telling the twins about the new baby, they knew that something was going on because everyone was acting different, they had told a lot of people by now.

"Cai, Kaia can you come here please?" Joe called from the living room over towards the bedroom where he knew they were playing. They soon entered the living room sensing that there was something to talk about, their father didn't sound angry so they knew that they hadn't been naughty.

They took a seat up on the couch in between their parents. There was only just enough room for the four of them. There wouldn't be enough room for another.

"You know how when people are really little like really, really?" Demi questioned.

"Baby?" Kaia questioned her parents nodding there head.

"Exactly, a little baby that's what me and mommy are having. Your gonna big a big brother and sister." Joe revealed a smile on his face.

"Like really?" Cai questioned looking between his parents. "Where the baby?"

"In mommy's tummy right here." Demi explained laying her hand down on her flat stomach knowing that her baby was in there getting bigger and bigger every day.

"What's it doing in there!" Kaia questioned Joe and Demi laughing.

"It's where baby grows until he or she is big and strong enough to come say hello." Joe explained, he knew it must be confusing for them.

"When say hello?" Cai asked staring at Demi's stomach.

"After Christmas but before then you might get to feel your brother or sister kick against mommy's tummy." Demi spoke and smiled when Kaia put her hands on her flat stomach.

"Hi baby sister!" Demi smiled kissing her head gently.

"No brother!" Cai demanded, Joe and Demi just shook their heads gently. They knew one of them would be disappointed because it was only one but they were sure that they would get over it when they met the baby for the first time.

"Demi have you taken your medication yet?" Joe questioned as he was cooking dinner, she had to wait a couple of days to take them because she had some other medication that she had to finish before starting them which didn't harm the baby but would if she took them at the same time as the pregnancy tablets.

"No! I'll be through in a minute," Demi shouted back into the kitchen making sure Cai had everything he wanted to do some crafts before entering the kitchen seeing that Joe had already got the tablet ready with a glass of water. "Thank you." She leaned up kissing his lips gently Joe smiling through the kiss but they pulled away.

"You're welcome." Joe replied pecking her lips one last time before making his way back over to the stove to carry on cooking for his family. Demi put the tablet in her mouth swallowing it down with a gulp of water. She finished the glass before putting it down in the sink. Straight away she just didn't feel right but it was a couple of minutes later that it started to get worse.

"Cai said you needed me?" Joe questioned as he entered the bedroom then his eyes laid on her. "Demi what's wrong."

"I-I can't breathe and I have a rash," She managed to choke Joe rushing over seeing that she did have a rash up her arms. "I think I'm allergic to the medication.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm going out for the day, might post later if it's not too late if not it will be tomorrow.