Episode 32

The whole pregnancy went by quite quickly, Joe and Demi hadn't became friends Joe still not forgiving her for what she had done at the beginning of the pregnancy even though she had continued through the rest of the pregnancy not drinking and doing everything she could to ensure the pregnancy was going well. She had given up trying to make him happy. Demi was just a couple of days behind her due date, it had been tough for her at school going through the day but she was determined to make it through to summer when she would have the babies early July time. Joe still didn't get on with Paul or Demi's brothers, he had gained a strong connection with Denise and still saw his mother regularly who was doing well the care home. Joe made it back from work on Saturday like he worked most weekends sitting down on the couch next to Denise. He worked on weekdays throughout summer as well making sure to pay Denise and her family some money for taking him in even though Denise insisted that it was okay.

"How was work?" She questioned.

"It was good, Nathan thinks I have a shot at being a chef and has already offered me a job when I finish school." Joe explains.

"That's great news Joe, I have some news too." Joe could see her concerned expression, as if she was nervous about something that was happening.

"What?" Joe questioned becoming concerned himself.

"Demi has started to have contractions." Denise revealed Joe beginning to panic, Denise took his hand to stop him stroking the back of his hand with her thumb.

"Have you not taken her to the hospital yet?" Joe questioned.

"No, her water hasn't broken yet. We'll take her to the hospital when she starts to become a little less uncomfortable." Denise assured him.

Joe only spoke to Denise a little bit before he rushed upstairs into Demi's room seeing her laid on her bed watching TV. She didn't look uncomfortable but he knew that contractions only lasted for a couple of minutes having a break before they continue again. Demi looked up to the door giving him a small smile as he entered more.

"Are you okay?" He questioned Demi nodding her head.

"For now, I just can't believe that the time has finally come." Demi confessed, she had been in pain for a couple of weeks now with backache and her feet swelling if she walked long distances.

"The pain will be over soon." Joe assured her watching as she bit her lip gently.

"Lay with me?" Demi had tried over the time to try and get Joe to forgive her for everything not thinking to change herself, she wanted him to be there for her throughout the pregnancy like they were together while they were through the pregnancy. She wanted him to talk to the babies of a night or have her make her a sandwich when she was comfortable in bed but she ruined her chances with that. She just wanted to have what most pregnant woman has.

"I don't know Demi..." Joe begun but Demi interrupted him.

"Please Joe, I want someone to hold my hand through this." Demi begged.

"Okay but only cause I know what your going through, pushing two babies out of you can't be easy," Joe warned Demi giggling as he made his way over to the bed laying next to her taking hold of her hand. "Squeeze my hand if you need to."

"Thank you Joe." Demi whispered laying her head on the pillow.

"Having second thoughts at all?" Joe was surprised when Demi didn't even get emotional when she felt the babies move or kick for the first time. He was curious to see if she was shed a tear when she held them for the first time.

"Not really, I know Brandon and Carla will take good care of my son and daughter. I have nothing to worry about." Demi stated squeezing his hand as a contraction came along. Joe just sighed.

---------------------------------------------

Comments please!