Episode 29

Joe grabbed Demi's hand as she tried to leave the room without saying another room to speak to the people who wanted to speak to the mother of the baby. She turned around sighing when she saw Joe stood there on the verge of crying again.

"Please let us meet them and see how they are before you promise that they can have them?" Joe pleaded slightly his voice low but he knew everybody was still could hear what he was saying. It was clear he was having second thoughts about adoption, he wanted to raise them himself but he also knew that he couldn't do that alone and adoption was a better option. Demi just nodded her head gently before entering the kitchen.

It was that Saturday when they had arranged to meet Brandon and Carla who were interested in taking over raising their children. They were fully aware that they were only young and wanted to put schooling first, that they might want to take over in a couple of years time. Joe again grabbed Demi's hand before they left the room.

"Can we just please try and get along? I don't mean just today but throughout the whole pregnancy? I don't want the babies born if all their parents are doing is arguing." Joe questioned Demi nodding her head gently looking up at him.

"Okay and sorry about the booze, I'm just going through a hard time." Demi confessed before leaving the house but that left Joe confused. He sighed shaking his head gently following her out of the door and into the passenger side of Demi's car. She had only just got her licence but Joe hasn't even had any lessons, he would have to stick to his bike for a while. The car ride was silent between them but Joe was just glad that they weren't arguing.

"What do you want to drink?" Joe questioned already been given some money by Denise to pay for some drinks. She trusted Joe with the cash more than her own daughter. Demi slipped in a booth staring up at the menu board.

"I'll just have hot chocolate." Demi stated taking her phone out her pocket beginning to scroll through her phone. When Joe came back with their drinks he was also joined by Brandon and Carla who took a seat opposite the soon to be parents.

"Hi Demi I'm Carla and this is my husband Brandon." Carla introduced.

"Hi." Demi mumbled then getting a kick under the table by Joe giving him a glare. "Hi." She said with more of an excitable tone.

"So it's twins then? Do they run in your family." Brandon begun a conversation.

"Does it run in yours?" Demi questions looking up at Joe who was thinking. He never really knew much of his family since his Grandparents died, his mom was an only child and he knew nothing about his dad's side of the family.

"Not that I know of, I don't have much family and I don't know my father's side very well." Joe stated shrugging his shoulders.

"They don't run in my family either, it's just one of those things I guess but you should know boys run in my family, I have three brothers." They laughed.

"I think we could cope with two little boys." Carla grinned. They had struggled to have a baby since they got married, they were looking into adoption not long ago and was sure it was something they wanted to do. Even if they had to hand them back when their biological parents when they were a little older. It was going to be hard for Joe and Demi to give them up but it would be hard for Brandon and Carla to hand them back over after getting to know them for a couple of years.

"You should know something," Demi begun taking in a deep breath. "I'm not even sure these are Joe's babies." She revealed

"What?!" Joe questioned but somehow he wasn't even surprised that those words had came out her mouth. Nothing surprised Joe about her anymore.

---------------------------------------------------

Comments please!