Episode 40

Joe paced outside the house nervous about what would be happening today. He only looked up when he the door opened seeing the lady he had gotten to know over the last year or so exit the room making her way over to him nodding her head gently making him sigh of relief but he only became more nervous the more time went by.

"What if they don't like me?" Joe questioned.

"Then it's something you will have to work towards but I don't think they will hate you Joe, they are your children." She tried to convince him Joe nodding his head.

"Okay I'm ready to see them." Joe demanded telling himself that it would be okay and that his own children would still love him even though he hasn't been around. Joe had spent the last year with Beth trying to find his children, she was a social worker and it was only within the last couple of weeks that he had found them a couple of states across in a foster home. Beth led him through into the house Joe getting more and more nervous the closer he got, it was when he entered a room which looked to be a play room his eyes landed on two children sat at a table colouring together. Last time he saw his son and daughter they were just babies now they were all grown up and he missed it. He had to hold back tears as he was led over.

"Cai, Kaia, this is your dad," Beth introduced them turning to Joe. "I'll leave you to it, talk to them, get to know them." Joe nodded his head gently thanking them before sitting down on a stool next to Kaia Chiron sitting next to her. They were told before now that Brad and Mandy weren't their real parents and that they would look after them until they could find a permanent home.

"Are you really daddy?" Kaia inquired looking up at Joe, he couldn't help but notice how much she looked like her mother. He hadn't spoke to Demi since the day they graduated. They were on somewhat good terms then but not good enough to continue a friendship or something more.

"Yes I am, what are you drawing?"

"I'm drawing fire truck!" Chiron exclaimed Joe smiling.

"Is it red?" The little boy nodded his head lifting the piece of paper to show Joe who smiled seeing that the drawing was better than he thought it would be. His son was becoming a little artist. "What are you drawing Kaia?"

"Other daddy said you were coming so I drew this for you!" She exclaimed scribbling a little more on the piece of paper before lifting it up passing him it. Joe smiled seeing a picture which he could only guess was him, her and her brother.

"I'll keep this forever princess." Joe smiled as she leaned over giving him a hug. He had nothing to worry about, they seemed to like him and not have held a grudge against him for not being around for so long. It had taken him over a year to graduate. He missed three years of their life.

"Daddy will you come play ball? Other daddy can't." Mason questioned.

"Sure, lets tidy away first shall we?"

Brad, Mandy and Beth were sat in the kitchen smiling as they were watching Joe play with the three year olds. He was playing catch with them making sure he wasn't being too harsh with them as they passed it in triangle, he often had to go pick the ball up himself because they didn't have the strength to throw it hard enough. Joe knew he wanted to take over looking after them and hopefully bring them home with him so he could be a real dad to them.

"Daddy no!" Kaia exclaimed as Joe tackled her down to the floor not being too harsh as he tickled her sides making her laugh.

"Ah!" Cai screamed as he jumped on Joe's back in attempt to save his little sister but couldn't do much more than cling to his neck.

"You cheeky monkeys!" He begun to tickle Cai to when he was on the floor next to his sister. He wanted to be a real dad to them now that he had found them he wouldn't let them go.

------------------------------------------------

Comments please!