Episode 54

They played around in the sea for a little bit before they headed back to where they had set up to build a sandcastle Joe and Demi joining in too. You were never too old to make a sandcastle. They all worked together to make one huge one with a moat around the side that would fill up with water when the tide comes in a little bit more. Cai was excited to see it so they would have to stay until it fills up, now they sat on the towels eating lunch that Demi had made them.

"Be careful Kaia, you might get sand in your sandwich." Joe advised as he took a bite out of his own sandwich watching as Kaia laid it down on the sand shaking his head gently.

"Look now you got sand on your sandwich!" Demi exclaimed taking it from her putting it in the cooler grabbing another sandwich passing her it making sure it was in her hands before letting go.

"But sandwiches are meant to have sand!" Kaia exclaimed back the parents not helping but laugh at the little girl who didn't understand.

"That's just the name for them baby girl, you're not really meant to have sand in them, it will taste horrible!" Joe answered Kaia still not quite understanding, they just found it amusing.

"The sea is nearly here!" Cai squealed getting excited but they look out seeing it was a good ten meters away or so. They didn't mind as long as Cai was getting excited about something. They miss their childhood in a way, it was a lot easier than what they had now.

The all cheered as the water filled up the moat the sea just able to reach the pathway that they had made. They watched it fill up before packing up and leaving, they knew Cai would get upset if he saw the sandcastle get destroyed by the sea, it was just another arty thing he enjoyed to do. Cai and Kaia fell asleep on the way home Joe and Demi having to carry them up to bed so they could sleep for a couple of hours before dinner.

"I should probably go home." Demi stated as they exited the bedroom switching the light off behind them so they could sleep in peace.

"No don't go, we can finally have some time to ourselves." Joe demanded dragging her down onto the couch with him making her laugh.

"The last time we had time to ourselves we ended up in the bedroom, I don't think it's a good idea." Demi teased sitting up on the couch.

"We could do it here then?" Joe jokingly suggested Demi giggling smacking his arm. This was the kind of relationship he wanted. One where he could joke around with her and not have to be so serious all the time. He'll admit last night did happen a bit quickly but it just happened and he wouldn't change it.

"I bet my parents are wondering where I am, I never told them I was staying overnight, I was going to go home once you got back from work." Demi stated.

"Yeah you'd better go then, thanks for today anyway I had fun." Demi smiled leaning over kissing his lips gently Joe gladly kissing back. They soon pulled away from each other Joe pulling her in for a hug, Demi only smiled wider as she hit his chest feeling a kiss on her head.

"I had fun, we did make some good children didn't we." Demi grinned.

"And hopefully they can stay here now with you looking after them while I'm at work I won't be struggling." Joe kissed her forehead as they pulled away from the hug.

"They won't be leaving any time soon." Demi assured him pecking his lips once more before getting up grabbing her belongings. Joe wondered over to the door with her Demi turning around when she was out of the door, he kissed her gently Demi kissing back before they pulled away.

"Bye." He breathed Demi giving him a smile before making her way down the hall, he watched her until he could no longer see her going to shut the door when he heard a voice from the other side.

"Ooo!" He turned his head to see Willa stood there but soon entered the apartment.

"Come right in." He shook his head as he closed the door.

-----------------------------------------

Comments please!