Episode 42

Joe entered the house again after packing up the car with Cai and Kaia's belongings. Today was the day they would be going home with Joe hopefully for good if they had no problems. There would be a set date when Cai and Kaia would be asked if they enjoyed staying with Joe and if they didn't then Joe could possibly loose them but he hoped it wouldn't come to that. He was planning to give them everything he could and make them happy, within reason anyway. He didn't want to raise spoilt children but they seemed to be raised well so far. He entered the living room smiling when he saw Cai and Kaia having last cuddles with Brad and Mandy who had been looking after them since they were just little babies. This was never going to be their forever home in the first place.

"Daddy!" Cai got up from the couch running over to him allowing him to pick him up sitting him down on his hip.

"You should be cuddling mommy and daddy." Joe stated kissing the side of his head.

"You are my daddy though." Joe chuckled slightly sitting him back down on the couch he knew that it must be confusing for the three year olds not knowing what was going on. They were moving to a complete state to live with him in his apartment which had a park opposite. When he graduated he got his own place so he wasn't burdening the Jonas family anymore, he still saw Nick and Denise often but not as much as his own mother. He was careful when he picked his place, making sure it had a spare room and a place nearby for his kids to run about if he ever managed to find them and bring them home with him.

"Daddy where are we going?" Kaia inquired as Beth begun to drive, it would take them the whole day to get there but they had plenty to amuse the children. Joe was sat in between them to make sure that they weren't getting bored. They had TV's on the head rests of the front two chairs so they could watch telly in a bit but for now Joe was talking to them hoping to get to know then a little more, he would be the one who was alone with them and had to manage them.

"We're going home or at least to my home." Joe stated.

"Will real mommy be there?" Cai questioned Joe had to bite his lip not knowing how to answer that question. He didn't know what Demi wanted from her children anymore, when she ran away she seemed to have started to care about them so it was all a little confusing.

"Yes but she's busy so you won't see her for a while." Joe stated, he would have to go over and tell Demi that he had their children. That she would be allowed to see them if she wanted to but he didn't know how much he could trust her yet. He hadn't seen her in two years and didn't even know how her life had been going. He knew she wanted to be a kindergarten teacher one day but he had no idea whether she actually went through with it.

"Do you love real mommy?" Kaia questioned too Joe shaking his head.

"Me and real mommy haven't seen each other in a while alright but that doesn't mean the three of us can't have fun." Joe encouraged ticking her making her laugh.

"Me don't like you!" She exclaimed crossing her arms over her chest.

"I like somebody is lying, somebody loves tickles." Joe cooed teasing his daughter who just giggled again in her car seat looking in the opposite direction but smiled when he felt her dad kiss her top of her head before turning to Cai.

"Me definitely no like tickles!" He exclaimed before Joe could say anything making Joe laugh kissing his head too. Joe begun playing a game with them to keep them amused so they wouldn't get bored and fussy with the long journey. He knew he was going to have the best of times with Cai and Kaia and would do his best to do right by them. They seemed like good kids already and wanted to continue raising them like Brad and Mandy did, he knew kids didn't like a change of schedule. It would be touch and go for a couple of weeks but he thought he could do this alone and if Demi wanted to be around he wouldn't stop her.

-----------------------------------------------

Comments please!