Episode 15

Joe stood behind Dianna as she made her way up the pathway with her walking stick, he let her go as slow or fast as she needed to which was at a steady pace. He didn't want to rush her. They reached the blue wooden door Joe being the one who knocked on it gently, it didn't take long for the door to open revealing Demi who gave them both a hug. It was Sunday around noon time a couple of weeks later, Denise had invited the two of them over for lunch, Dianna and Denise had become friends too like Joe and Demi so she thought it would be nice to invite them over.

"Come in." Demi instructed holding the door open for Dianna who was helped up the one step by Joe the entering the house. Demi closed the door behind Joe showing them into the living room where they were introduced to Paul, Kevin, Nick and Frankie who were all watching the game.

"You watch football Joe?" Kevin questioned moving up so he could sit down which he did.

"Sometimes, if I catch it at the right time." Joe stated his eyes now on the screen. Demi shook her head gently.

"Boys." She muttered gaining a glare from Nick. Demi showed Denise into the kitchen helping her sit down as she greeted her mother.

"How's your back today?"Denise inquired.

"It's aching more today than usual." Dianna admitted thanking Demi as she slipped a pillow behind her back so she was more comfortable.

"What do you do on days where it aches more?" Demi asked.

"There's not a lot I can do, I just have to live with it." Dianna replied.

"At least you have your little helper to help out." Denise praised Joe who was comfortable in the living room watching football with the men.

"He's enjoying the little more freedom he's been getting."

"His grades are going up at school too." Demi added.

"Seems like the world is changing for that boy." Denise smiled.

"D-Demi can I talk to you?" They heard a voice turning around seeing Joe stood there on the verge of crying but they could see he was holding them back not wanting to let them slip from his eyes, they all became concerned.

"Joe sweetie what's wrong?" Dianna inquired wanting to go over and comfort her son but she was in too much pain with her back.

"N-Nothing, I just need to talk to Demi." Joe insisted Demi dropping what she was doing wondering over grabbing his hand.

Demi led Joe into her bedroom which she had for herself, Kevin had his own but Nick and Frankie shared as it was only a four bedroom house. They sat down on the bed Demi letting go of Joe's hand it then only going up tangling his own fingers in his hair. He leaned forward a bit so much wanting his thoughts to disappear.

"Joe what's wrong?" Demi questioned rubbing his back gently.

"Promise if I tell you you won't freak?" Joe questioned back Demi nodding her head.

"Of course." Demi spoke softly hoping to calm him down a little bit.

"I've suddenly remembered what happened the night of the party, we um had sex and I don't remember putting any protection on, I certainly didn't have any on me." Joe spoke in a slight whisper but Demi could still hear him clearly.

"B-But we woke up at home." Demi stammered.

"After we had already done it and stumbled home." Joe replied.

"I can't have a baby, I'm sixteen!" Demi explained now running her fingers through her hair, they both stayed quite as they debated what to do next.

-------------------------------------------

Comments please!