Episode 1

----------------------------------------------

"Help my wife is in labour!" The man called out as he entered the hospital his wife leaning all of her weight on him but he didn't mind. She was sweating as she found it hard to get through the pain she was experiencing but he did allow a nurse to help her sit down on a wheelchair so they could get her further into the hospital where they could assess her and make sure that her and the baby was fine. The man followed holding onto her hand the whole way until they made it to a room when he let go helping her up and onto the bed .

"How long have you been experiencing pains like these?" Miranda questioned as she put a strap around her bump so they could check over the baby.

"For a couple of hours but they have only just got this intense." She explained taking her husband's hand again for comfort. This was their first child and they didn't want any complications to happen, it had taken them long enough to conceive their child.

"I'll go fetch a midwife, she'll know more than me. I won't be long." She explains as she rushed off. The man leaned down pressing his lips against his wife's hand shushing her when she sobbed out in pain again squeezing her hand.

"You're doing great Dianna, our little boy or girl will be with us soon." He reassured in her ear, she settled down just a little bit but the pain was still intense.

"What if something is wrong Patrick, I can't go through this pain for us not to get a baby at the end." She feared but he shushed her again kissing her head just telling her that everything will be okay in the end and if the baby were to die it's what god decided to happen. It would be hard for them to come to the reality if they don't leave this hospital with a son or daughter. Neither of them wanted to know what they were having, they liked the idea of the surprise when the time came. They didn't mind what they got as long as he or she is healthy. They've had enough problems to worry about what the gender will be, they will love them the same.

Denise was laid on the bed holding onto her husband's hand relaxing a bit when she felt the pain go away for a short bit of time but at least it would give her some time to relax before the next contraction comes along. Paul rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb not liking her in pain but they both knew it would be worth it in the end.

"I'm exhausted Paul." Denise mumbled, he sighed grabbing a cloth dabbing it against her sweaty forehead. She had been in labour for over a day.

"You can do this Denise, you've done it before and look at Kevin. He's perfect so let's create another perfect son or daughter." Denise smiled at the sound of her son's name, she missed him and wished he could be with them but she wouldn't want him to see that.

"I wasn't in labour with Kevin for this long though." Denise didn't have much energy to argue, she still needed to push but she honestly didn't know whether she would be able to. She wanted to feel everything of this labour and birth and would hate it if she ended up having to go into surgery but now she was starting to feel as if it was for the best.

"You want some ice chips? They might wake you up a bit." Paul suggested Denise not saying anything but she does not her head. "Don't have a baby without me."

"I think your son or daughter can wait just a couple of minutes for us." Denise smiled as her husband rushed off to find some ice chips for his wife. He would do absolutely anything for his wife and children, that included Kevin and the baby which could make his or her appearance any minute now. He hoped soon, Denise was in a lot of pain and exhausted.

"I'm bac..." He dropped the ice chips on the floor when he looked up seeing his wife's lifeless body on the bed nurses over her trying to figure out what has happened.

"Sorry sir but she's lost too much blood, we'll have to take her to theatre."

---------------------------------------------------

Feedback please!