Episode 28

Denise got up taking his hand leading him into the room, she closed the door behind him so they could have privacy. They both sat down on the bed Denise wrapping her arm around him as he laid his head on her shoulder. It felt right, it felt like it should be that way which was strange for the both of them. Joe could never replace his mother but Denise was there for him through everything even if Paul still wasn't sure about him. He could never thank her enough for what she had done for him and his mother, his mom was in a better place now and promised himself that he would visit her every day after school now that he no longer needed to work. Denise practically forced him to quit his job even though he wanted to pay something towards his stay. It would give him more chance to study and do well in school.

"I can't keep an eye on Demi all the time but I will promise you that I will try my best to make sure these babies come out healthy." Denise vowed.

"I know you will, I just feel so helpless for my children knowing I have nothing I can possibly do to ensure they have everything in there they need. I kinda wish I was the pregnant one!" Denise couldn't help but laugh moving some hair out of his eyes.

"I don't understand why Demi is doing what she is doing but she's doing it and if she ends up damaging herself or the twins then I give you permission to hate her forever." Joe laughed this time sitting ups straight feeling his neck start to ache but was thankful when she kept her arm around him. His eyes landed on the bottle Demi was drinking from.

"She just lied to me the whole time we've known each other, she said she wasn't a big drinker but that was clearly a lie." Joe mumbled.

"I have myself to blame for all this, I raised my kids giving them whatever they wanted and now they are all just so demanding. Demi had always been so unlike her brothers but it was an act to me and her father too. I'll help you get through this Joe since your mother or father aren't here, you're a good boy." Joe smiled.

"Thanks, I should probably get the rest of my homework done." Joe stated standing up exiting the room, he knew she was staying to search Demi's room for any forbidden items again. He sat up at the counter in the kitchen not having his own room yet groaning when he saw that someone had written all over his work. He heard laughter turning around seeing Nick and Frankie stood in the doorway, he ignored them scrapping the paper starting again.

It was just after dinner when the family were gathered around the telly like they usually are on a weekday watching the news. It was something Paul and Denise liked to do, get their sons and daughter together and spend some time as a family hopefully no arguments, just the six of them together now seven with Joe who was sat on the floor.

"Mom Joe's big head is in the way!" Nick complained.

"Well swap places then, your smaller than him." Denise resolved only getting a huff from Nick crossing his arms over his chest. The family continued to watch telly seeing what has been happening around the world and locally when the phone echoed in the house.

"I'll get it." Paul got up from his seat wondering over to the house phone picking it up before making his way into the kitchen to speak to however was on the other line in piece.

"Have you phoned your mother yet Joe?" Denise inquired.

"No not yet, I got a text telling me the times which she had free time." Joe replied Denise nodding her head gently as Paul entered the room again.

"Who was it?" Denise questioned again.

"Um the adoption centre, they have found someone to take the babies when they are born." He revealed placing the phone back on the stand.

----------------------------------------------

Comments please!