Episode 25

"Of course you do, every girl wants a baby." Joe urged but Demi shook her head gently moving her eyes back down to her book so she could get her homework done while she spoke to her boyfriend. If that's even what they were anymore. She could feel the tension between them now that she has decided she doesn't want their babies.

"Not me." Demi breathed.

"Then why don't you get an abortion?" Joe inquired.

"Because they are horrible Joe, I don't want the babies but I don't want them gone completely. I couldn't put myself through that." Demi answered.

"Why have you chosen open adoption then?" Joe questioned again many questions just running through his mind wanting to understand where Demi was coming from but he was starting to think that he wouldn't be able to.

"That was for your benefit, you'll be the only ones seeing them, on my form I ticked another box." Demi stated.

"I don't understand." Joe admitted.

"There's nothing to understand Joe, we're going to have babies in eight months then another couple will be looking after them. You'll be able to see them whenever you want but me I'm carrying on my life as if it never happened." Demi explained.

"But it doesn't make sense at all Demi, you want children." Joe tried to convince but he knew it was no good, Demi had made her mind up and there was no going back. She was that kind of person and he knew it.

"Not now I don't, maybe when I'm twenty five but I'm just under ten years younger than that age. Who knows what will happen in the future, maybe I'll run into them in ten years." Demi shrugged her shoulders gently.

"I'd feel bad for them if you did, having a selfish mother like you." He snapped getting up beginning to leave until her voice spoke again.

"I'm sorry if you hate the truth Joe but it's what is happening and I don't think you'll be leaving anytime soon. My family is the one who is helping your mother of course and if you really do love these babies as much as you seem to you'd stick around." Joe shot her a glare before leaving the room only then letting the tears fall down his cheeks.

That was the last conversation he expected he would have with Demi, her attitude changed in there and very suddenly. He still didn't understand it. He didn't understand Demi at all. Usually girls are the ones who want the baby but this time Demi doesn't. He composed himself before making his way downstairs and into the kitchen collecting his belongings together.

"Honey did you speak to Demi?" Denise inquired.

"Yeah I did," He mumbled turning to his mother. "I'm going home, I'll be by soon to come get you and help you settle down for the night." He was about to walk away when his mother grabbed his hand Joe not wanting to knock her off the stool.

"What's wrong Joseph?" She looked concerned as did Denise, he looked between them before shaking his head taking his hand back and leaving the house completely.

Demi was right in two things, her family had changed their lives forever. Dianna finally had a carer to help her and him out so he was able to have the life he deserves and the fact that he loved his children. He wanted to be there to watch them grow everyday inside their mother and meet them when the time came. He just didn't expect Demi's attitude to change like it did. She had always been the better one out of her and her three brothers but he was starting to believe that she was just like them. Rude, shellfish and spoilt.

--------------------------------------------------

Comments please!