Episode 3

—————————————————————-

Dianna leant into the back of the car smiling when she saw her baby boy sleeping in his car seat. She carefully lifted the boy out of the car seat holding him against her chest allowing her husband to lock the car. They had only spent a couple of days in the hospital with the problems their baby came out with they wanted to make sure he was okay before they took him home. But he was perfectly healthy and now had a name. Joseph Adam. They couldn't wait to raise Joseph up into the young man they hoped him to be. To show him what it's like to live on the planet and to teach him the wrongs and rights of life. He was going to be so spoilt.

"Is he still sleeping?" Patrick questioned unable to see his son as he was covered up in blankets held close to his mother's chest for comfort.

"Fast asleep." Dianna answered as Patrick picked up the baby bag, they then made their way up the path Patrick unlocking the door. They both wondered upstairs into their bedroom where Joseph would be sleeping with them until he was a little older. Dianna laid him down in the bassinet covering his tiny body up with blankets.

"Sleep well son," Patrick spoke leaning down kissing his head before  standing up straight. "I'll go put the kettle on." Patrick left the room leaving Dianna alone with their son. She smiled as he flexed his hands and feet out into a stretch as he slept.

"Sleep well my little man." She kissed his head too before switching on the baby monitor. She left one on the nightstand near the bassinette but took the other one with her downstairs.

With the problems that occurred with Denise and the baby having to be born my emergency c-section Denise had to stay in the hospital with her daughter for a couple more days just to make sure she had recovered well from the operation and little Demi was doing well. Denise and Paul just couldn't get enough of her. She was their little girl and just couldn't wait to take her home but them too it was time to take her home. Denise laid Demi down in the bassinette bringing the blankets over her body, Demi was awake but she was content staring up at her parents.

"You are so beautiful!" Denise cooed into the bassinette kissing her head but Demi didn't respond, she just continued to stare up now at the mobile that was handing from the top of the bassinette. Paul knocked it so the butterflies moved but they both knew she was too young to respond to much. They were excited for when she grew up, they knew Kevin would be the best big brother to his little sister. He was so excited when they told him a baby would be joining them.

"What's that on her neck?" Paul questioned Denise looking closer, she became confused. She lifted the young girl up in her arms again at an angle so they could see her neck but she was still comfortable and safe. They could see a faint line going all the way across her neck, it looked as if they had abused her or something but they knew that was the case.

"Must be a birth mark or something." Denise decided laying her back down bringing the pink blanket back over her.

"Let's let her sleep." Paul suggested the two parents giving their daughter a kiss before they left the room making sure to have the baby monitor in their hands.

What neither parents didn't know was they had the wrong baby. Denise had given birth to a baby boy and Dianna to a girl but the hospital got mixed up. The ring around Demi's neck wasn't a birth mark, it was when she was born and the cord was wrapped around her neck just like Dianna's baby. Two year old Kevin wasn't a big brother to a little sister, he was a big brother to a little brother called Joseph.

Neither families would know until they fell absolutely in love with their child. Neither families would find out until sixteen or seventeen years in the future when Joe and Demi crossed paths for the first time. Their lives would change forever.

—————————————————————————————-

Comments please!