Episode 48

Demi made it to Starbucks not long later seeing that Joe was already sat in a booth on his phone waiting for her. She greeted him before getting herself a drink then sitting down opposite him. She will admit she was curious on where the twins were because she knew that his mother couldn't look after them and they weren't at her house when she left.

"How have you been?" Joe inquired locking his phone screen setting it down on the table so he could give Demi all his attention.

"I've been fine, how about you?" Demi answered Joe nodded his head gently.

"I've been alright I guess, what did you want to talk about?" Joe answered Demi sighing slightly. She had been thinking over her mind again and again what she would say to him. She had changed over the years not wanting to be a spoilt girl anymore, she had apologised to a lot of people over the years Joe not being one of them but they didn't stop her from doing now. She was hoping that he would be supportive and allow her to see her son and daughter.

"I was wondering whether you would allow me to spend some time with Chiron and Kaia ? I know I have put you through some tough times when we were teenagers and you've only just found them but I've changed over the years and I'm willing to show you that I have before you let me anywhere near them." Demi spoke looking into his eyes the whole time hoping that he would see that she was telling the truth and not just trying to play with him again.

"Your their mother Demi, I can't stop them from seeing you." Joe stated.

"Of course you can, you'll have full custody of them soon enough." Demi replied Joe sighing shaking his head gently. He hated to admit it but he might lose them in the next week.

"If I can't prove to the authorities that I'm capable of looking after them alone they'll be taken back to their foster parents." Joe explained.

"Oh Joe I'm sorry, is there anything I can do to help?" Demi questioned.

"Well there is something, do you think you could look after them while I'm at work?" Joe suggested Demi smiling nodding her head gently.

"I would love to, should I take them back to my house or stay at your apartment?" Demi inquired Joe shrugging his shoulders gently.

"I don't mind as long as they both come back with all their limbs." The two of them laughed as they engaged into a conversation.

Joe and Demi spent about an hour at Starbucks catching up over the past couple of years. Joe could see that she was telling the truth when she said she had changed over the years. He preferred this Demi, the Demi that he had started dating when they were just sixteen but that didn't last long. They soon had to make it back to Joe's apartment so Joe could get ready for work at five, he didn't need to be there so early to prepare because he did a lot of preparation the night before on a less busy night. It was all just good practice.

"Do you want them to know you as their mom?" Joe questioned as the wondered through the halls of his apartment block.

"I think so, that would be nice." Demi admitted.

"Hopefully now I have someone more regular to look after them it will convince the authorities that I can keep them." Joe stated taking his keys out of his pocket opening the door up smiling when he saw the twins run over to them.

"Daddy!" They squealed even though he had only been gone for a couple of hours, a work friend had been looking after them before they both headed off to work together when he found someone to look after them.

"Hey Cai and Kaia!" Joe kiss both of their heads noticing both their eyes on Demi. "This is your mommy, she'll be looking after you while daddy is at work.

----------------------------------------------

Comments please!