Episode 24

"How'd it go?" Denise inquired as she set a glass of lemonade in front of the teenagers as they begun to get a head start on their homework before dinner, they wouldn't have enough time to complete it but they would get as much as they could done Demi as normal helping Joe out where she could but he barely asked any questions anymore. He was more awake in glass, able to listen and get the proper methods to make sure he excelled in the class. His mother was right when she said he had the brains to do it. It was just his situation that prevented him from doing well.

"They are trying to find a couple to match us with, it may be a little harder with there being two babies but hopefully it shouldn't take too long, I want to g et to know the people who will be raising my children." Demi explained.

"There's no going back now." Joe breathed.

"Why are you having second thoughts?" Dianna inquired Joe shaking his head.

"I'm alright with the adoption, it's just going to be hard to not even bring them home with us when they are born." Joe admitted.

"I don't think you gave yourself enough time to think about it, a lot can change in eight months." Denise confessed.

"I'm positive mom about this, I don't need time to think." Demi urged.

"But maybe Joe did, he's the father of the babies Demi and deserved more than just to be pushed into possibly giving up his own children." Denise lectured.

"Joe is fine aren't you Joe." Demi turned to him seeing how nervous he had become, nobody liked to be placed in the middle of a fight.

"I don't know, maybe I am giving it second thoughts." Joe admitted.

"Well it's too late for that now, I'm doing my homework in my room, call me when dinner is ready." Demi gathered her books together before exiting the room. Joe just buried his head in his hands, he didn't know what to think anymore.

"You should have spoke up Joe when you had the chance." Denise encouraged.

"Joe's never been one to speak up, I'm sure it's just a little hard for Demi to believe that she is pregnant. It's probably not real to her yet." Dianna rubbed her son's back seeing that he was getting upset about the whole situation.

Joe decided not long later that he would have to speak to Demi about the whole situation, she wasn't acting like the girl he had met. He was starting to think that he was right and she didn't believe that she was having twins, that it was a dream to her. Joe knocked on Demi's bedroom door before entering seeing that she was doing her homework like she said.

"Hi Joe." Demi greeted.

"Hey Demi, can we talk?" Joe questioned wondering over to the bed taking a seat on the edge making sure not to sit on her books or anything.

"Sure what's up?" Demi questioned this time.

"Um it's about the baby's, why are you so relaxed about the whole adoption situation?" Joe didn't move his eyes of Demi but her's too wouldn't move from her books determined to get her homework done as soon as she could.

"Because there's nothing to stress about." Demi replied Joe sighing stopping her hands from writing, then she looked up at him.

"Demi you do know your having babies right and that you have chose to give them up when they are born?" Joe inquired Demi nodding her head gently.

"Of course I do Joe, that's a stupid statement." Demi brought her hands back beginning to write again.

"I-I don't understand." Joe stammered clearly confused about the situation.

"Joe have you ever thought about the fact that I don't want these babies?" Demi questioned looking up at him again.

-----------------------------------------------------

Comments please!