Episode 58

Cai and Kaia's room was off limits until the room was finished which took another couple of weeks to do, with work they could only really get it done of a weekend when Demi had the day off and Joe only worked nights. They just wanted it perfect for them and that's what it turned out to be, just how they wanted it done. They had only gotten closer over the weeks, Joe and Demi and the two of them to Cai and Kaia who seemed to love staying with their dad having their mom look after them of a night. Sometimes Joe wished he was there for bedtime but it couldn't be helped.

"Keep your eyes closed you little monkey!" Joe poked Kaia's side as he led her through into the room Joe's hands now on the little girl's eyes as Demi laid hers on Cai's so he wouldn't peak either. The little girl giggled laying her hands on her father's.

"Can us open now?" Cai questioned Joe and Demi turning to each other before nodding their heads gently. They unpeeled their hands the two three year olds scanning their eyes around the room wide smiles on their faces as they saw what their parents had produced. Joe wrapped his arm around Demi as Cai and Kaia sped off looking at every inch of the room.

"They seem to like it." Demi breathed as Joe kissed the side of her head.

"Of course they do, they picked the colours," Joe grinned making Demi laugh. They pulled away from each other as the twins came running back over Cai jumping in Joe's arms, Kaia in Demi's. "Do you like it?" Cai and Kaia nodded their heads quickly making them laugh.

"Thank you daddy and mommy." Cai wrapped his arms around Joe's neck making him smile kissing his hair gently.

Joe and Demi sat down on the couch once Cai and Kaia were in bed, in their new bedroom that they both loved. They wanted to spend all their time in there now playing with their new toys, it was their treat to them for not being around for the first three years of their lives. They knew that they didn't quite understand what's going on and why they weren't there but it was something that they thought they needed to for them even if it did cost a lot. There would be some serious saving now for Christmas. Their first Christmas with their twins.

"I'm glad they like the room." Demi admitted as Joe wrapped his arm around her.

"I think their young enough that they would get excited with it no matter what it was like." Joe stated grabbing the controls switching the telly on so they could have it on in the background. Demi would usually go home at this point but she had some news for Joe that she wanted to tell him before she went home.

"Took us long enough to do, they weren't very patient." Demi shook her head gently laying her head down on his shoulder smiling when he kissed her head.

"They are still young, I wish I had that sort of energy." Demi laughed.

"Joe your only twenty!" She accused pulling away from him, "I need to talk to you about something though." Joe watched as she leant down going in her back bringing out a white envelope. Joe just got confused now switching the telly off.

"What's this?" He questioned.

"I don't want you to get upset over this alright? I've changed this time, we won't have a repeat of last time." Demi promised him.

"Demi please tell me what's going on." Joe begged, Demi sighed handing him the envelope. She watched him this time as he opened the envelope. She couldn't help but be nervous about all this not knowing how he was going to react. Last time they were in this situation she was a complete bitch to him. She wanted this time to be different.

"I'm pregnant, I think about six weeks along. The letter is my appointment tomorrow, I would love it if you could come?"

-----------------------------------------------------

Comments please!