Episode 13

Joe and Demi were sat down on Joe's bed going through some work that Joe hadn't finished yet. They didn't have many classes together but that was down to Demi being in all the high classes whereas Joe was in lower classes. He knew he had the brains to do well but with everything that has been going on meant his grades were suffering. Being tired at school didn't help. It was starting to make a bit more sense to him, he was thankful Demi was here to help.

"My mom wanted me to invite you to a party I'm going to on Friday, you think you're up to that?" Demi questioned once Joe had worked out a question and was now noting it down before he forgot it and would have to work it out again.

"Sounds fun but I can't be out too late with mom and everything." Joe stated.

"My mom offered to look after her for the night, don't worry about that. My mom doesn't work anyway so it will be good for her so she says, I'm sure your mom would like company in the day too." Demi explained.

"Okay then, I'll go, I've never been to a party before well besides kiddie ones." They both laughed Joe continuing on his homework.

"They are fun, you just have to be careful where you leave your drink otherwise someone will spike it." Demi stated, she wasn't a big drinker and Joe hadn't tried it before.

"I never drunk before either, doesn't come across as something nice to me." He confessed.

"You can't say you don't like it until you've tried it, just give it a go then it's just all about knowing your limit." Demi advised.

"Yeah I don't think my mom would like me coming home drunk," Joe chuckled as Demi laughed the two of them getting to know each other a little bit more. They were becoming friends which Demi insisted on but Joe was slowly learning how to trust people again, not everybody was like Joan. Demi watched the concentration on Joe's face as he tried to work out a math problem Demi staying quiet to see if he could do it by himself. He wrote down an answer Demi checking over it before nodding her head gently leaving a smile on Joe's face. "Thanks for helping me."

"It's fine, I'll get extra credit for it." Demi grinned making Joe laugh but they couldn't help but gaze into each other's eyes as they slowly started leaning in. They were inches away when a voice stopped them from downstairs.

"Joe, Demi, dinner is ready!" They quickly pulled away from each other blushing slightly as they got up making their way downstairs.

"Are you going to this party then?" Dianna inquired as the two of them sat down and watched their small TV for a little bit before they would head off to bed. A couple of hours earlier than usual. Denise and Demi had left just after dinner so they could get settled for the night, they had promised to come by the next day and repeat what they had done today.

"Um yeah."

"You don't seem so sure you want to go." Dianna noted Joe sighing slightly nodding his head gently knowing he would have to explain.

"I do want to go, I just know what goes on at these teenage parties and I don't want to get roped into doing something I don't want to do." Joe confessed.

"You'll just have to be careful, Demi is a smart girl, she'll know how you can stay out of trouble. I raised you better to let you get peer pressured into something. Have fun though Joe, I don't mind you drinking as long as you know to stop." Dianna spoke Joe nodding his head.

"We should probably head off to bed anyway." Joe stated getting up helping his mother up too. He knew he would fall asleep straight away tonight with being tired and not having anything to worry about.

--------------------------------------------

Comments please!