Episode 39

Demi and Denise made it home not longer later Demi already able to hear her brothers in the living room playing on the console they had in there. She couldn't stand to see anybody at the moment so made her way upstairs and into her room. She ran her fingers through her hair before slumping down on her bed burying herself in the duvet. She felt the tears run down her cheek realising what she had done. She had no option now, she couldn't see her children because she didn't know where they were. She just hoped that she chose the right place to take them where they could grow into young children. Maybe one day she would come into contact with her children. She didn't move or say anything even when there was a knock on the door.

"Demi can I come in? I want to talk?" She heard Joe's voice on the other side. He didn't seem angry at all but she guessed that he has had time to cool down.

"I don't want to see anyone!" Demi shouted back.

"Come on Demi I want to know your okay." Joe stated, she knew that was a lie but to Joe it wasn't. She was the mother of his children after all and he had to make sure that she was okay after everything that had happened.

"That's a lie!" Demi shouted again Joe sighing leaning his head on the door staring down at the ground. Things had never been so complicated before since he found out he was going to be a father, he enjoyed the short amount of time he was with Demi before he realised the person she was. He was starting to believe that she was changing.

"Please Demi." Joe pleaded smiling when she heard her voice again.

"Fine come in but it doesn't mean I'm saying much!" She liked that he respected her privacy and didn't just enter anyway. Joe pushed the door handle down opening the door closing it behind him then sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Are you okay?" He inquired Demi nodding her head.

"Don't ask where they are because I don't know." Demi mumbled.

"I know your mom told me." Joe replied.

"Don't ask why I did it either because I..." Joe interrupted her.

"I'm not here to ask you a bunch of questions Demi, we're living together so we sort of have to get on don't you think?" Joe questioned Demi sighing nodding her head.

"I'm feeling a little down though so I really want to be alone for a bit." Demi admitted Joe nodding his head this time standing up. He hesitated but leaned down kissing her cheek before leaving , Demi was surprised but smiled closing her eyes.

Joe made his way back downstairs planning not to be long anyway because he was in the middle of a game with Nick, they had been getting on over the past couple of days Nick able to teach how to play a couple of games but once he got the hang of it he just needed to practice. He sat back down next to Nick taking the control from him.

"Did she push you away?" Nick inquired Joe shaking his head.

"Well maybe a little bit but I managed to speak to her but she wanted to rest." Joe answered.

"I always thought I'd be the first out of the family to be in a police cell." Nick joked making Joe laugh a little bit but they both continue to play.

"I thought so too." Kevin teased getting a glare from his younger brother.

"You shouldn't have done that because now you're dead!" Joe exclaimed pressing the buttons on his controls Nick's half of the screen going blank.

"Okay maybe I made you too good at these games." Nick laughed scratching the back of his head as the two of them joined his laughter. Joe was just glad he was starting to fit in a little bit, he still needed to get onto Paul's good side though after refusing to ask his daughter to marry him when they found out she was pregnant.

-------------------------------------------------

Comments please!