Episode 62

"No I haven't, she's carry my child sir. I would never do something like that, I was raised by my mother better than that. Just ask Demi." Joe replied looking back into his eyes, he hoped that he would believe him because he would never do something like that to Demi, he wouldn't admit it but he thought he was starting to love her even after everything they had been through. Now this is just adding on top it.

"What are the bruises then?" Paul questioned, he knew Demi always had that mark around her neck since they found it the day they brought her home from the hospital but he still wasn't convinced that Joe had never laid a finger on her. Demi was his baby girl, Joe had taken her away from him so he would never like him completely but he would have to do something to convince him he was good enough for his daughter.

"I-I don't know? Work or something? I've never noticed them before." Joe answered.

"Paul get of him." Denise demanded softly Joe sighing of relief as he felt Paul get off him wondering down the hall, Denise knew he was going to get his anger under control. Denise laid a hand on Joe's back as he ran his fingers through his hair. She pulled him to the side so they wouldn't be disturbed but not too far away so the nurse would think he's done a runner.

"I haven't hit Demi, I promise." He mumbled.

"I believe you Joe, I suggest you go with the police officers when they get here and tell them everything that has really happened. Don't panic and I'll tell your mother." Joe nodded his head gently hugging her, Denise smiled hugging him back. He really had become like a son to her over the years, she still spent a lot of time with her boys.

Joe watched as police officers made their way into Demi's room two making their way over to him sighing as they put handcuffs around his wrist. That was when he heard Demi getting panicky in the room shouting his name, he tried to resist wanting to run in there and hold her in his arms telling her that everything would be okay but his wrists were already together.

"Joe!" She screamed Joe letting the tear run down his cheeks not moving his eyes from the door as he was dragged away. He stayed silent not resisting anymore as they walked, he knew they were going to a part of the hospital where he could be questioned. He didn't like the stares.

Dianna made it to the hospital not long later after Denise had called her to tell her what had happened. She didn't believe her son was the cause of domestic abuse, he had always been a gentle boy. Never into fighting or anything. Demi was now asleep after being questioned by the police, Paul was in the room holding her hand as Denise and Dianna sat on the couch chatting with one of the nurses.

"Demi was born through c-section, I was in labour for nearly two days and I had started to lose too much blood." She explained.

"And she's had the mark around her neck since she was born?" Miranda, the nurse questioned Denise nodding her head gently as a reply. "I'm no midwife but it looks like the cord was wrapped around her neck a little too tight at birth."

"Joe was born like that, they managed to get him breathing pretty much straight away after that." Dianna added in.

"And they were born on the same day in this hospital?" Miranda inquired.

"August 17th." Denise stated.

"I'll be back soon." She got up from her seat exiting the room. The two mothers looked at each other before shrugging their shoulders. They engaged in a conversation trying to forget what was happening to their children. Paul was still silent after apologising to Dianna for what he had done to her son, he was just protective over his little girl.

----------------------------------------------------

Comments please!