Episode 12

Joe sighed as he wondered into school rubbing his eyes gently, he was shattered. He couldn't sleep well last night even once he had gotten into bed just thinking about what Denise had said, he was thinking maybe it would be better on the two of them if she did get the help she needed from a professional which would be able to help her twenty four seven but then he would just end up in a care home which neither of them wanted. He was invisible at school, even the bullies paid him no attention which he was happy about. He made his way over to his locker surprised to see Demi stood there leaning up against it.

"Um hey." Joe greeted not used to talking to anyone at school but he opened his locker beginning to sort out what he needed for the next couple of times.

"Sorry we didn't really leave at a great place yesterday." Demi stated watching him as he pulled out some books putting them in his bag.

"It's not a problem, thanks for the suggestion but I think we're fine." Joe answered looking at Demi when she stopped his hands.

"Your clearly not Joe, can I help you with anything at all?" Demi questioned Joe sighing shaking his head gently. There wasn't any time for anything like that.

"I don't think there is unless you can change hours of the day so I can get homework done and mom to bed before ten so I can get a decent night's sleep." Joe complained carrying on with his task as Demi let go of his arm, she sighed this time keeping her eyes on him.

"How about I tutor you?" Demi suggested.

"And you think I have time for that every day, thanks for trying Demi but I-I don't have time for friends, you are better off just leaving now just like everyone else did." Joe stated not wanting to sound rude but knew it probably came across as rude.

"I'm not giving up Joe." Demi vowed before making her way down the hall Joe only sighing again as she watched her exit around the corner. He appreciated the help they were offering but he couldn't take any help at the moment, not after what had happened with Joan. He was finding it hard to trust people unlike his mother who just let Denise and Demi in yesterday.

Joe hopped onto his bike after work that night thankful that his boss had let him go half an hour earlier, half an hour would make a huge difference especially when he got a lot of his homework done at the restaurant. It was one of their less busy nights. He put his helmet on before speeding off towards home, he liked to breeze on his face cooling himself down. Once he was home and his bike was secure in the garage he made his way through the door which led into the kitchen his eyebrows raising when he saw somebody had already made a start on dinner. It all became clear when he saw Denise enter the kitchen from the living room.

"Hello Joe, you feel better?" She questioned.

"Um yeah not to be rude but why are you here?" Joe questioned back.

"Demi called me at lunch, she wanted to find a way to help you out so I suggested coming over and cooking dinner for the four of us. I know you don't completely trust us or want us here but we're just here to help." Denise explained.

"It's not that I don't want you here, I just told Demi I don't have time for anything but she seems to have found away around that." Joe couldn't help but smile as did Denise, she saw what Demi meant by him looking like Nick, they had the same eyes but she pushed it away.

"You better get your homework done, Demi said she'd help you. Dinner will be in an hour." Denise stated Joe nodding his head thanking her before making his way into the living room gesturing Demi to follow him which she did. He hoped tonight he would be able to get to sleep a little sooner, he needed to get his grades up if he had any chance of having a bright future.

----------------------------------------------

Comments please!