Episode 6

Denise and Paul rushed up the stairs Paul lifting Demi up off Nick who stayed on the floor his face flinched and his arms up trying to protect himself from his older sister. Demi shrieked out of frustration before entering her bedroom slamming the door behind her. She quite often wondered why she couldn't just have one sister. Nick was the biggest problem but she knew that was probably due with his age more than anything. She slumped down on her bed taking in a deep breath before beginning to revise again trying her best to forget what Nick had just done. She could hear her parents talking to him, laying down to him outside her room. It wasn't long afterwards that she heard a knock on her bedroom door.

"Come in." Demi sighed putting her pen down seeing that it was her father.

"Nick is here to apologise." Paul stated.

"I don't want to see or speak to him at all again tonight." Demi stated Paul sighing when Nick just walked away hearing what his sister had said. Paul wondered further into the room sitting on the edge of her bed where he wasn't able to ruin the layout she had of her books. He was proud of his daughter, she seemed to be the only one who wants to achieve something in life and not thinking that her parents are going to have her back for the rest of her life. She wants to make something of her live and thinking that her parents are there to give her a hand if she needs it.

"We'll sort something out, you won't be phoneless for long." Paul assured her Demi smiling.

"I know, I just wish he would be more considerate of the rest of us." Demi answered.

"It's just the way he is, he loves you really." Paul took her hands kissing her head.

"Why couldn't you have had just one more girl." Demi joked Paul laughing.

"Trust me you were the easiest to raise, I'll leave you to carry on with your homework." Paul stated kissing her head again before leaving the room closing the door behind him. Demi sighed again picking her pen up beginning to read her book.

Joe entered the garage leaning his bike up against the wall, he sat his helmet on the seat before making his way into the kitchen smiling slightly when he saw pots and pans already on the stove bubbling away. He couldn't help but have a quick nosey to see what was being cooked but he didn't recognise any of it. They normally lived off potatoes that they grew in the garden themselves or rather Joe. Dianna wasn't able to get down on her knees anymore.

"You must be Joe." he heard a voice looking towards the door seeing a youngish woman, she made her way over shaking his hand.

"Um yeah." Joe stated.

"Joe this is Joan, she is here to help us out a little bit," Dianna stated as she entered the room with her walking stick. Joe nodded his head. "You okay sweetie?"

"Yeah, just tired." Joe admitted.

"You've done a lot for your mother over the years, I'm here now so you can be the teenage you deserve to be. Just don't go out to too many parties." She joked Joe laughing.

"Thanks, I'll go make as start on homework." Joe stated grabbing his bag making his way into the living room. Maybe he could actually get an early night tonight.

"He's a good boy." Dianna stated as Joan helped her sit down at the table.

"It's remarkable what he does at the age of sixteen." Joan noted carrying on cooking for the three of them, they had become sort of friend over the day they had spent together. Dianna knew she needed to do something for the two of them so signed onto a charity who took their case and sent someone over straight away.

"His grades are suffering for it though, I want him to be successful." Dianna replied.

"It's all going to change now, don't worry." Joan assured her Dianna smiling hoping that it was. Joe could finally be the boy he deserved to be.

------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!