Episode 46

Demi made her way up the stairs carefully, she could feel her hands shaking and her forehead sweating. She wanted to be a mother after convincing herself for so long that it wasn't possible for her. It was possible and she could have the chance. She made her way to the top of the stairs standing at still for a moment composing herself knowing that it wouldn't a work if she hadn't. She then wondered down the hall peeking the door open to the only room that she knew was spare. Joe's old room that he had when he was still living here but he couldn't be a burden on Denise or Paul any longer. Demi opened the door fully peering in seeing two three year olds sleeping on the bed cuddled up to one another. She felt the tears roll down her cheeks as her eyes landed on them for the first time. She missed three years of her life when she could have seen it all. She could have seen her own children grow into the people they are now. She was soon at the side of the bed where she could see their faces as they slept.

"I'm so sorry." She murmured kneeling down on the bed moving some hair out of Kaia's face stroking Chiron's cheek gently. They looked so much like her but she could definitely see features of Joe in there too. She climbed carefully on the bed next to them not waking them up but continued to admire them until she too fell asleep.

She wanted to be a mother to her babies.

Demi woke up the next morning seeing that Chiron and Kaia had already gone, she knew her mother would have taken them to get them washed and dressed before giving them breakfast. They were still young so didn't sleep in for long. It was a Saturday so Demi was at work, she had followed her dream of being a kindergarten teacher. She hadn't been in work for long but had a job after training for the two years required. She was starting to look for her own place so she could move out and be a independent person. Hopefully meet a guy and have a lifetime with him, she knew it wasn't always that easy though.

"Morning," Demi greeted her mother in the living room before entering the kitchen seeing the twins sat at the table eating. Her eyes then landed on Joe who was stood at the stove cooking another pancake. "Oh hi."

"Hey." Joe greeted back, it was first time they had seen or spoken to each other since they congratulated each other when they graduated. Demi wondered over to the fridge after grabbing a glass pouring herself a drink of orange juice. She then turned around to Joe as he slid another pancake on a plate setting it down in front of Kaia. She could tell he looked stressed about something, she didn't know today was the day the twins would decide whether they stayed with Joe or went back to Brad and Mandy. They were too young to make such a decision.

"Do you think we could talk after breakfast?" Demi inquired but Joe shook his head gently.

"I can't, I have to get back home for when my social worker comes around," Joe stated. "But how about we meet up at three before I have to go for work at Starbucks?"

"Um okay see you there." Demi answered before leaving not helping but look at the twins who were playing with their breakfast.

"Daddy can we have more blueberries?" Cai questioned Joe nodding his head grabbing the plastic container with the blueberries in setting it down in front of them. He then took a seat opposite them with his coffee.

"Are you enjoying your pancakes?" Joe inquired.

"Yeah! You make them better than other daddy!" Kaia exclaimed making Joe smile. He just hoped that Beth stuck by her word and would make sure that his children would stay with him. He didn't want to lose them just as he got them back.

--------------------------------------------------

Comments please!