Episode 53

After breakfast Joe got himself washed and changed while Demi did the same with the twins. It was a Sunday so neither Joe or Demi had work, Joe didn't work in the restaurant on a Sunday night so they had all day to themselves. They had decided while it was good weather to take Cai and Kaia to the beach. Where they lived before they weren't close to a beach so they haven't spent much time on one but loved going, building sandcastles and paddling in the sea. They hoped to take them there much more now so they could be active children.

"Are us really going to beach?" Kaia questioned Demi as her mother pulled her swimming up her body Kaia putting her arms through the straps Demi careful to lay them down on her shoulders. Kaia giggled when Demi leaned in kissing her nose gently.

"Yes we are, put a dress on over and put your sandals on, call if you need help." Kaia nodded her head running over to her draws where Joe had put her clothes Cai having his own in another set of draws. Demi grabbed Cai's trunks and a shirt wondering over to Cai who put the toy down standing up allowing his mother to take his pyjamas off stepping in his trunks.

"Do you like the beach mommy?" Cai inquired Demi nodding her head.

"Mommy loves the beach, especially on a day like this!" Demi exclaimed setting his trunks on his waist slipping the shirt over his head Cai putting his arms through the holes. Demi brought it over his torso grabbing his sunglasses putting them on his head.

"Mommy will you come in the sea with me?" Cai questioned.

"Of course I will, we'll have loads of fun. Shall we go see daddy?" Cai nodded his head grabbing his mom's hand the two of them leaving the room Demi smiling when she saw Joe helping Kaia fasten the straps on her sandals but kept surprisingly kissing her toes making the girl squeal.

"Mommy daddy is being silly!" Kaia grinned.

"Of course he is, daddy is always silly." Demi replied pecking Joe's lips kissing the top of Kaia's head gently passing her a pair of sunglasses.

"Lotion time!" Joe called laughing as the twins groaned.

Once they were all protected with sun tan lotion and ready they set off climbing in Joe's car. He drove them the short distance to the beach. They only drove so Cai and Kaia wouldn't get tired on the way home, they were slowly getting used to not having naps in the day but on an active day like today they would most likely have a nap on the way home before dinner. Joe held onto Kaia's hand as they all wondered onto the beach, it was busy but not too busy. They set up a spot flapping towels out Joe helping Cai take his shirt off as Demi helped Kaia take her dress off, they then stripped down too into their swim wear.

"Sea now?" Cai questioned tugging on Demi's hand, Demi smiled nodding her head turning to Joe who told her he'd be there in a minute with Kaia.

"Come on then," Demi ran along the beach with Cai who was faster getting into the sea first squealing when he felt how cold it was. "Is it cold?"

"No mommy come in!" Cai demanded giggling as he saw his father creeping up behind her a finger on his lips to tell him to be quiet, Kaia was being quiet too but had a grin on her face. Joe approached Demi lifting her up in his arms making her squeal as she was thrown over his shoulder, she begun laughing hitting his back.

"Joseph put me down!" She demanded.

"Nope." Joe begun walking further into the water until it was up to his waist then throwing Demi into the water laughing along with Cai and Kaia as Demi came back up.

"I'll get you for that Lovato." Demi vowed.

"Like to see you try Jonas." Joe grinned back.

----------------------------------------

That last bit was weird to write with their swapped last names haha!

Comments please!