Episode 33

It was within the hour that Demi was rushed to the hospital because the pain was getting worse, they had called Brandon and Carla on their way to inform them to meet them at the hospital. However Demi would only have Joe and Denise in the room . She knew it meant a lot to all of them to be there but she didn't want too many people there to surround her, she was going to be uncomfortable as it was and didn't want too many people there .

"Joe will you sit down, your making me feel worse." Demi complained watching as he paced in her private room at the foot of her bed.

"Come on Joe sit down." Denise encouraged grabbing his hand sitting him down next to her on the couch. Joe sighed relaxing on the couch.

"They are two days early, what if something is wrong?" Joe questioned everyone not helping but laugh Joe laughing a little bit.

"Demi was five days 3 days before he due date as she was fine, I seem to remember your mom saying you were two days late. Nothing is wrong okay?" Joe nodded his head.

"I still think it's weird we were born on the same day in the same hospital and within an hour of year other." Demi stated.

"Best day ever that's why." Joe grinned making them laugh.

"The babies seem to be doing just fine, you're doing great Demi keep it up." the midwife praised as she checked on Demi's progress, seeing how quick the twins were coming along. They found out at eighteen weeks that they were having a little boy and a little girl, the boy probably being the one who will be born first but they weren't expecting anything. They had been told that they could pick out the names too but they hadn't spoke anything about it. Joe didn't even know that Demi would have anything to do with the names.

"Thanks." Demi spoke but they could all see how tired she was getting already. It was nearly two in the morning and she wasn't expected to give birth until late in the morning.

"See if you can eat a little bit in between contractions, it will give you a bit more energy when it comes to pushing." The nurse suggests Demi nodding her head allowing her to sit her up a little more so she could eat when the nurse came back with someone.

"How did you do this four times mom?" Demi mumbled.

"Because it's worth it in the end Demi, I don't think you realise that yet otherwise you wouldn't be giving them up for adoption." Denise stated.

"Mom said I was born with my umbilical cord around my neck." Joe revealed.

"Not giving me much hope here Joseph." Demi glared making Joe hold his hands up in surrender.

"Demi got a birth mark around her neck as if that happened to her, I nearly died giving birth to her but I don't recall anyone telling me the cord was around her neck." Denise revealed herself.

"Guys can we not talk about cords around the neck and nearly dying while I'm going through this? I want to make it out this alive!" Demi exclaimed Joe rolling his eyes at her.

"Oh sweetie we're sorry." Denise cooed getting up kissing her hair holding her hand.

Demi sighed of relief when she felt the pressure leave her legs relaxing on the bed. She only held onto Joe and Denise's hand harder when a cry didn't fill the room.

"He just has his umbilical cord wrapped around his neck, we'll have to take him away." The nurse stated the three of them watching as they took the baby away.

"It will be okay Demi." Denise whispered in her ear kissing the side of her head but Demi was too exhausted to say anything or do anything. Joe couldn't help but worry. Demi wasn't showing any signs of being upset or scared that her baby hasn't taken his first breath yet. When he had children he never imagined that it would be under these circumstances.

-----------------------------------------------------

Comments please!