Protective Brother - Mathew Barzal

"Connor, I swear to God." Madison groaned into her phone.

"Mads! How do I even know this guy is going to be good for you?" Connor groaned.

Madison Bedard. Older sister to the infamous Connor Bedard. Although she's older, Connor's always been way overprotective of his sister. She's never had a long term boyfriend before because he always scares them off. Hence why she didn't tell him until the media posted something about it.

Mathew walked in to see his girlfriend on a call. His eyebrows furrowed at her frustrated face. She held a finger up to him, signaling him not to talk. He nodded and sat on the couch, throwing on a random game muted.

"Connor! I am 25 years old! You have zero control over me!" Madison practically yelled into the phone.

"I'm coming down to New York and meeting this Mat Barzal." He grunted into the phone, hanging up before she could respond.

"Fuck!" She mumbled loudly enough that her boyfriend heard.

She told him what her brother said. Now the two could only wait for what they could only assume would be a steaming Connor Bedard.

One day later

Madison looked through the peephole of the apartment door when hearing a knock. Her eyes widened, however, when she spotted Connor on the other side. Sending Mathew a "get ready" look, she opened the door to reveal her little brother angry as hell.

"Madison." He grunted. She glared at him.

"Connor, you have no right to think it's okay for you to come storming to New York because you want to scare away yet another one of my boyfriends!" She shouted at him. His eyes widened only slightly, never hearing his older sister yell at him before.

"I do it for you! Don't think I don't remember the time where 15 year old me held you in my arms while you sobbed because your boyfriend cheated. I'm not sure I can handle seeing you break like that again. I look up to you, Mads." Connor admitted quietly. Madison's eyes softened and she hugged her brother close.

"Con, don't worry. Mathew is a good man." She whispered. "Please, just give him a chance." He sighed but agreed all in all.

The two ended up getting along wonderfully. Connor stayed with the two for a week before flying back to Chicago for hockey. Madison was happy that her over protective brother, who she now knows the reasoning behind it all, and her boyfriend got together so well.

***

This is sooo short haha.

Early birthday request from TaylorBarzal1213

WC: 413