I See Sparks Fly Whenever You Smile - Jack Hughes

Peek Jack and his emotional support water bottle

I was sitting by the window with a book, watching the rain fall outside. Jack is out at some hockey season wrap up so it's just me and Murphy, our goldendoodle. Lmao my dad's cousin has a golden doodle named Murphy, but I noticed that when I finished the chapter.

The book I was reading was Pride and Prejudice, a classic and one I've read over and over. The book is disregarded at the side as I watch the rain peacefully. Murphy is sat by my side as the window is from celling to floor, me sitting on the floor. 

I was so distracted that I didn't hear the door open and close. Murphy at this point was laying his head on my lap as my hand found his head. I felt a hand on my shoulder which made me jump.

"Whatcha doing?" Jack asked as he sat beside me, head on my shoulder. I smiled as he did.

"Watching the rain." I replied after a moment. Jack looked up at me and smiled at my happiness. He thought for a moment before coming up with something.

"Do you wanna go dance outside?" I nodded without hesitation and stood up, spooking Murphy. I apologized lightly to him, my Canadian coming out, and Jack laughed lightly. "What?" I asked oblivious.

"You're so Canadian." He patted my head lightly as we both walked outside. Sparks fly started playing on a speaker that Jack brought out. We both belted the lyrics before Jack whispered in my ear. "I see Sparks Fly whenever you smile." At that I smiled.

"You're sweet." I said.

"I see Sparks Fly." He repeated with a grin. I hid my face in his chest as it vibrated with laughter. "I lovee youu" He sang out.

"I love you too." I pressed a light kiss to his jaw and went back into his chest. Jack put his chin on my head as we swayed in the wind until we were shivering and on the verge of a cold.

***

Short and sweet.

REQUESTED BY MY BELOVED katiegrey22

WC: 344