Just Friends - Josh Davies

THEY'RE ACTUALLY JUST FRIENDS Y'ALL. I WANTED TO WRITE ONE WITH FRIENDS OVER DATING/SIBLINGS/KIDS

"Yo, Josh!" Emily shouted down the hallway at her friend. The two of them are on the Portland Winterhawks WHL team, Josh as a center and Emily as a defenseman. 

"Sup." He said, turning around and stopping for her to catch up. Rather than walking beside him, she jumped up onto his back. "Uhh..what the fuck?" The center questioned, obviously confused. 

"I don't wanna walk the rest of the way." She shrugged. "Giddy up!" She yelled, smacking his head multiple times.

"OKAY OW! OW! I'M GOING!" He screamed and sprinted down the hallway. The two friend's laughs echoed throughout the hallway as an admin took photos of them.

They ran into the locker room and he dropped her down. She laughed and shot him a thumbs up as he walked over to his stall. The rest of the team was staring at the two, somewhat questioning their existence.

"How are you two just friends?" The team captain, Gabe, asked the friends. Emily and Josh just glanced at each other and started laughing.

"You're funny." Emily laughed, getting dressed in her gear and game day jersey for their game against Everett. When I wrote this, the game wasn't over yet for the record haha.

The team just laughed and all followed in her footsteps, getting ready for the home game at hand. Once the timer for the warm ups hit two minutes, the Hawks all started to gather into the small tunnel leading out to the ice. They all lined up behind Jan Špunar, the starting goalie. Once the buzzer went, they all ran out onto the ice. 

*After second*

The Hawks are currently up 4-1 after the second period. Josh has a goal and an assist while Emily has two assists, one on his goal. She took off her skates and the upper part of her gear since they have a twenty minute wait between periods. 

Everyone's just chatting among each other about the game and how everyone thinks they're doing so far. Josh and Emily are sitting in the center of the floor with a few other guys playing stella ella ola. It got down to just Emily and an '07 rookie, Kyle McDonough. The two had a very intense match in which Em won.

"HELL YEAH!" She yelled, standing up as everyone cheered and Kyle dramatically fell back on the floor.

She laughed and held a hand out to him, helping him up. The two "bro hugged" and separated while still laughing. She turned around to Josh and smacked his head while he held a smug look on his face.

"What?" She asked him with a deadly straight face.

"Nothing." He denied, shrugging. The two bickered for a while and the admin posted something.

The coach came into the room so the two went back to their stalls and got their gear back on. After the speech from coach, they went back to the tunnel and waited for the buzzer to indicate the third period.

 After the speech from coach, they went back to the tunnel and waited for the buzzer to indicate the third period

●○○○

○●○○

○●○○

○○●○

○○●○

○○○●

○○○●

winterhawks✔️

Caption: Josh and Emily appreciation post
Liked by _joshdavies9, _emily.fowler24, and 7.1k others
Tagged: @_joshdavies9@_emily.fowler24

Comments:

@_joshdavies9✔️: _emily.fowler24 we're beautiful people, huh?
@_emily.fowler24✔️: _joshdavies9 I mean, I am, you however?
↳↳@_joshdavies9✔️: _emily.fowler24 winterhawks can you guys bench her for being mean?
↳↳↳@winterhawks✔️: _joshdavies9 unfortunately, your admin doesn't have that power
↳↳↳↳@_emily.fowler24✔️: winterhawks UNFORTUNATELY?!

@user04837: the thread I'm sobbing

load more...

---

"I'm beautiful, thank you." Josh pouted at Emily. She shook her head with a laugh.

***

WC: 649