Delilah - Kirby Dach

Edited 02/03/2024

Based on the song Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's

Hey there Delilah

Don't you worry about the distance

I'm right there if you get lonely

Give this song another listen

Close your eyes

Delilah and Kirby are doing a long distance relationship. While he's in Montreal playing with the Montreal Canadiens, she's in Vancouver attending the University of British Columbia, aka UBC. 

It's difficult, but they make do through FaceTime and texting. The two trust each other quite a lot and they talk every day. 

Hey there Delilah

I know times are getting hard

But just believe me girl

Some day I'll pay the bills with this guitar 

We'll have it good

We'll have the life we knew we would

Kirby texted Delilah to tell her they would be in Vancouver to play against the Canucks tomorrow night. He sent her a glass seat ticket and exactly when he did that, she was already on the website to buy her own.

When Kirby first went to Montreal, he sent his girlfriend a signed jersey with the last name "Dach" on it. Finally, she had a reason to wear it. To say Delilah was excited would be understatement of the century as she knew that she could finally see Kirby again.

Times were difficult without him. Days are slower and time seems to never move. But they both had this wonderful life planned out. They will live in Montreal in a nice apartment, with a son or a daughter, and maybe a dog or two.

Little did he know? She's transferring to Université de Montréal. As well as she's going back with him. Right after his game.

Hey there Delilah

You be good and don't you miss me

Two more years and you'll be done with school

And I'll be making history like I do

After the game, Delilah was heading down to the locker rooms. The Canadiens won 3-1 against the Flames, which will make Kirby happy. It will also make her news a lot easier.

She was deep in thought when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist and the culprit putting their head into her neck. The girl smiled, turning around to be met with the face of non other than Kirby Dach. She smiled even more, kissing him on the lips.

"Hey there Delilah." Kirby said. He was smiling just as big as she was. Until it turned into a smirk at the use of her favourite song.

"Hi." Delilah smiled. "Congrats on the win. But, I have big news." He gestured his hand, silently telling her to move on. "I'm transferring schools." A confused look morphed onto his face.

"What school are you going to?" Kirby questioned. 

"Université de Montréal." Delilah responded.

"Univer-" He cut himself off at the realization. "Montreal? You mean.."

"I'm coming home." She smiled. A smile grew on his face. "I'm getting on the plane with you and the team. I organized it with Kent and he said that whoever sits next to you is moving."

"We can have the life we've always dreamed of." Kirby whispered. He lightly laughed in disbelief. 

Hey there Delilah

Here's to you

This one's for you

Five months later, Delilah and Kirby are owners of a small apartment in Montreal, with a 3 month old Australian Shepherd. They are living their best lives.

She is going to school and he is still playing hockey and, in true Kirby fashion, getting injured all the time. Even with their busy schedules, they are sure to find space for each other. Lots of couples can't do that. But they also didn't spend so much time apart.

They are finally happy and they're standing at each other's sides until the day they die.

***

Okay I actually like this one. My new addiction is song imagines

WC: 610