Chicago - Connor Bedard

See, so, we don't know he's going there yet but it is a very, very high chance.

Me and Connor were both watching the draft lottery at his place. We were sitting on the couch with my head on his chest, his arm around my shoulder and mine around his torso. Chicago had just gotten drawn first.

"So..opinion?" I asked him. Connor looked down at me with a confused look.

"Opinion on what?" He asked me back.

"Chicago winning? What would you think about Chicago?"

"I don't know. It's so far away from home.." Connor trailed off a bit after the last thing.

"It's only a 4 hour plane ride to hear, though. Plus you'll probably have games against the Canucks!" I said. He just shook his head before looking at me.

"But you live in Saskatoon." 

"What if I come with you?" I could see the shock in his eyes as he processed the information. 

"But what about University? You got accepted into University of Saskatchewan though? I can't ask you to move your entire life for me." The brunette said while looking into my eyes.

"But I want to. You don't need to ask me to do anything." I kissed his neck and returned my attention to the TV, where we put on a different show after seeing the first 3. Connor smiled and wrapped his arms around me tighter.

*Draft night*

This part is improvised lmao

The representative for the Chicago Blackhawks walked onto the stage to name who they're picking first overall. Connor grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly.

"The Chicago Blackhawks would like to present, from the Regina Pats, number 98, Connor Bedard!"

I jumped up with Connor and he hugged me tightly before hugging his family. He walked up to the podium and put the jersey over his head. He put on a hat and took a picture before being brought off for interviews. 

After the rest of the draft, me and the rest of the Bedard's went back to find Connor again. When he came out, he ran to his family and hugged them all. I stood back and waited for them to finish with a smile.

Around 20 minutes later, his family had to leave for their flight back to Vancouver. They called an Uber and left. Connor came up to me and wrapped my in a bear hug. I put my arms around his waist and laughed.

"Soo" He said after pulling away. "What do you think?" He took a spin while I laughed more.

"Absolutely beautiful." I responded.

*Apartment shopping*

Me and Connor decided to go apartment shopping as the season started in a couple months. Since the draft, Connor has signed a 1-year contract with the Blackhawks and I've transferred to the University of Chicago.

Right now, we're at a cute apartment. It isn't very expensive and it's quite cozy. There's a living room, kitchen/dining room, bedroom, and bathroom. So not big, but it's perfect.

"It's perfect." Connor said while looking around. 

"You read my mind." I replied, my head leaning on his shoulder with his arm around my waist.

"It's quite close to the arena also. There's a nice café down the street." He rambled as if trying to sell it to me after I'm sold.

"I say we go for it." We both said at the same time. Looking at each other, we both burst out laughing. 

"Race you down there?" I asked.

"You're on."

With that, our new lives began in Chicago, Illinois on July 14th, 2023.

*** 

WC: 570