Bat Mitzvah - Hughes Brothers

DISCLAIMER: THIS DOES INVOLVE JEWISH ACTIVITY. IF YOU ARE PRO PALESTINE AND YOU'RE GOING TO HATE I BEG FOR YOU TO JUST SKIP. IF YOU WON'T HATE PLEASE DO FEEL FREE TO READ.

FOR THE RECORD I'M NOT PRO EITHER SIDE. I'M FOR PEACE BETWEEN THE TWO SINCE I KNOW THEY'VE BOTH DONE WRONG. BUT I DO NOT TOLERATE PALESTINE OR JEWISH HATE ON THIS STORY. Can't believe I'd ever have to write this..

7 years into the future..

"ALEXIS HUGHES HURRY UP!" Luke yelled throughout their apartment in New Jersey. Jack winced at the tone.

"Chill, man. I've got old man hearing." He joked.

"You're 29." Luke glared.

Today is Sky's Bat Mitzvah. Aka her celebration of becoming a woman, 13 years of age. Luke is excited to get on the plane back to their home to see his little sister again. Especially under these circumstances.

"Don't worry, Lucas. I'm ready." Alex rolled her eyes, walking down the small hall with her carry on suit case.

"For the last time my name's Luke." He grumbled. "But is that all you're bringing?" The boy asked his twin. She nodded.

"I got everything I need. Perks of being a pro hockey player is you learn how to pack." She grinned. The two brothers looked at each other but brought down the bags. "Y'all know I'm right!" She yelled.

"YOU'RE NOT WESTERN ALEXIS!" The two brothers yelled at her.

Michigan..

"YES!" Sky yelled as she and Luke ran towards each other and hugged. "THE OLD MAN IS BACK!"

"Literally Jack and Quinn are older than me, woman." He rolled his eyes but the grin on his face never faltered.

"My turn!" Alex squealed and Sky ran into her open arms. "My favourite sibling!" She sighed.

"Hate to break it to you but Luke is my favourite." Sky laughed at Alexis's face.

Jack then ran over and picked up the 5'1 13 year old. She screamed in joy as he laughed brightly. He eventually put her down and gave her a normal hug.

"I missed you so much." He admitted. She smiled.

The twins watched the two interact from the side. Jack and Sky had a different kind of relationship. He taught her all that she knows and was always there to give her a shoulder to cry on when her heart got broken. Eventually, the two pulled away and smiled as Jack wiped his tears.

"The old man is going soft." Jack chuckled at Sky's statement as they all walked out to the car where Quinn was waiting.

"Took y'all long enough." He joked. Quinn had a career ending injury a few years back at the age of 29 and Ellen welcomed him home with open arms so he's been living with them and helping out his mother.

Jack smacked his brother. "Says the 31 year old." He joked back.

"Okay now!" Quinn pointed fingers, getting out of the car. The two playfully fought while Sky rolled her eyes.

She sat in her seat in the car while the others watched the two boys fight. Once everyone was situated they started the drive back to the house to get ready for the party tonight.

After the ceremony, at the party

Jack and Sky were dancing on the dance floor with friends of Sky's and friends of family all around. Some people here she didn't even know!

"Cmon kid. It's our song." Jack grinned as Last Night by Morgan Wallen played throughout the speakers. The other Hughes siblings all ran over and the five of them all sang and danced, laughing and smiling.

Ellen was recording the interaction from the side with a smile. Her kids don't get together a whole lot these days with Alex, Luke and Jack all in New Jersey playing with the Devils for most of the season. So seeing them all together once again was special for her.

"GO SKYLAR! GO SKYLAR!" People shouted as a dance circle was formed and the new woman danced around with a laugh before pointing at one of her friends and they switched out.

Her boyfriend, yes, boyfriend, Ethan, walked over to her and hugged her tight. The boy is around 5'9, so a lot taller than Skylar. Luke glared at the boy but Jack just placed a hand on his shoulder and laughed.

"Down boy." Jack laughed. "Look how happy she is." Luke diverted his gaze back to the two smiling teens. He sighed. "Yeah. Just accept it, Luke. Our baby sister isn't a baby anymore."

"Don't make me cry you fucker!" Luke joked with teary eyes. Jack laughed as his own tears made their way to his eyes. "Let's go dance, old man."

When Taylor Swift came on the two jumped onto the dance floor. Luckily for them, no one had walked up to them and asked for a picture so they're night was free of puck bunnies.

After the party, the Hughes family all went back to the house. Jack carried in a sleeping Sky and Luke carried in a sleeping Alexis, who definitely partied a bit to hard. When Jack placed Sky down he smiled to himself at the sight of his sister, who he will never accept has grown into the woman that she has just become that night.

***

I promise this will be my last Hughes one for a bit (probably like a week)

I liked this one though. Idk why I gave Quinn an injury but I'm in the car writing this on my phone rn and it's very difficult to type without auto correct giving some sort of "error" and I didn't really feel like going through all of that with another reunion.

Anyway, I might make another Mitch and Steph child imagine with Rowan making fun of his fishbowl because he looked funky as hell lol. Gave him the hattie luck but still.

On a serious note, THE DEVILS LOST TO THE FUCKIN SHARKS GUYS. I ACTUALLY CANNOT BUT THE BATTLE OF THE HUGHES BROTHER'S IS TUESDAY SO I CAN'T QUIT YET

WC: 1010